BC Rich Gunslinger - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
BC Rich Gunslinger

Hey guys, first off thanks to everyone who posted on my "Best 1 Pickup guitar" Thread, as that has helped me make up my mind about what guitar I'm going to get. I'm going to get a BC Rich Gunslinger, and was wondering which model to go for, such as the Retro or Retro Blade, and also what you guys think about the new Retro model equipped with that Rockfield Mafia pup. I'm basically trying to find out which Gunslinger model will rock the hardest. Any and all help is much appreciated, thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 06:01 PM

Re: BC Rich Gunslinger

rock the hardest ??? you will.

and how about deciding something on your own
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 07:34 PM

I agree, throw in a pickup that you feel meets your tonal needs and then tear it up!! Take care of the guitar too, as it has feelings and will treat you as well as you treat it!! Good luck!!
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanized View Post
rock the hardest ??? you will.

and how about deciding something on your own
lol ouch!

Can't go wrong with a maple fretboard gunslinger, pickups are going to be personal preference.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 01:29 PM

From the 2 models you posted, I would choose the retro blade model for the neck pickup.

If I were to buy one though, I would go for a USA handcrafted without a doubt.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 01:42 PM

I may as well chime in considering I was the one in your first post who threw the suggestion of a gunslinger at you first.
Here's my educated advice.
-join the bcrichplayers forum (not knocking this forum at all, it's great, but the BC forum caters to those guitars)
-consider hunting down an older USA made model. They can be had for comparable prices to the new imports. Solid colors average $400-$600, graphics avg. $500-900. You'll be glad you did.
-If you go for the new ones, really a matter of what color do you like? Red, Black, Lime Green, or Yellow. I'd vote for a red one off e***, because it does have the single coil at the neck.
-Beware of this years (2010) retro's as BC did a cheapo maneuver and put Rockfield pickups in them. Last year, they actually had DiMarzio Super Distortions (yellow & red) which is what the originals came with in the first place. I've had a dozen or so Gunslingers and I use high end tube amps. Always found the SD pickup to sound the best in those guitars and I've tried all sorts of pickups in them.
-If you find some guitars that interest you, feel free to send me a message, I'd be glad to help you out and get the best one you can for your money. If you do decide to go for one of the Retro's, I'd suggest contacting Larry at Beat Street Music.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrich1975 View Post
I may as well chime in considering I was the one in your first post who threw the suggestion of a gunslinger at you first.
Here's my educated advice.
-join the bcrichplayers forum (not knocking this forum at all, it's great, but the BC forum caters to those guitars)
-consider hunting down an older USA made model. They can be had for comparable prices to the new imports. Solid colors average $400-$600, graphics avg. $500-900. You'll be glad you did.
-If you go for the new ones, really a matter of what color do you like? Red, Black, Lime Green, or Yellow. I'd vote for a red one off e***, because it does have the single coil at the neck.
-Beware of this years (2010) retro's as BC did a cheapo maneuver and put Rockfield pickups in them. Last year, they actually had DiMarzio Super Distortions (yellow & red) which is what the originals came with in the first place. I've had a dozen or so Gunslingers and I use high end tube amps. Always found the SD pickup to sound the best in those guitars and I've tried all sorts of pickups in them.
-If you find some guitars that interest you, feel free to send me a message, I'd be glad to help you out and get the best one you can for your money. If you do decide to go for one of the Retro's, I'd suggest contacting Larry at Beat Street Music.
Thanks, this is the message I was looking for. I figured the older models would be ridiculously expensive, but I'm glad they aren't. Thanks so much for your help again!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 08:38 PM

Reviews: 18

i like the one with the 1 hum, it has a new lime finish for 2010. really sexy imo
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBNZ_RG View Post
i like the one with the 1 hum, it has a new lime finish for 2010. really sexy imo
I agree, I love the green one.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 11:24 PM

pm sent re: STIII
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmoofer View Post
I agree, I love the green one.
+1. The green rocks.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 01:26 PM

I dunno, I never liked BCRich green. Always seemed, I dunno, too harsh. I remember a girl buying a neon green Warlock and just wretching from the sight of it.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 06:21 PM

Reviews: 15

Couldn't stop the GAS for one of these and just ordered (I refuse to describe it as "pulled the trigger on") a yellow Gunslinger Retro. I kind of like the green but they're going for 100 more than the 2009 models...

I may only allow myself to play hair metal on it, so that none of the 80s-ness gets worn away.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 09:45 PM

The blade model has a neck pickup so that kind of ruins your one pickup thing. I wouldn't worry about which year you get too much as you can cheaply swap one pickup. I would go with a tone zone. Or if you feel like spending the coin a BKP. Something like a Holy Diver or Rebel Yell would be pretty sweet in that guitar.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 05:33 PM

Reviews: 15

It is done :

More pics to follow in a separate thread. I was surprised to find that the case candy included an actual lock of CC DeVille's hair.

Tags
bc rich , gunslinger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode