BC Rich Handmade - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

BC Rich Handmade

Hi, I surfed to BC Riches site the other day, and there's some kind of advertisement about a series of handmades, mostly Mockinbirds.
I was wondering if these guitars represent some kind of collector value or is it a trick to raise the price....
Most of the guitars (all series) are between about $2500 and $4000
What do you guys think of these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Assuming we're both talking about their "100 hand-made guitars available on the internet" offer they appear to be simply regular USA hand-made BC Rich guitars sold via the internet. I don't think it's raising the price, I think it's simply offering these guitars to a wider audience than might normally have access to these top-flight guitars.

Their normal list prices as far as I'm aware are in these regions, but if you go through a dealer I'm sure they'll give you a discount of some kind. There is often a long wait on a USA BC Rich and this offer, with the wide selection of guitars available, might let you get the guitar you're after without that wiating period.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info
It's (almost) impossible to get handmade Bc Riches out here, so maybe it's an idea, the problem I have is that I can't try them out, and I've heard that the neck on Mockinbirds tends to drop while you're playing...
It's either one of these or a Pgm 90 Ham (i found one ) for me I guess....
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 04:03 PM

Re: BC Rich Handmade

i've been gas'ing for a usa-made bc rich for a long time now. but if I'm gonna shell out 2500 for a guiitar, I'd probably have neal moser make me a custom instead.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 04:16 PM

You guys do know that todays BC Riches are not made by the same company that made them famous right? After Bernie Rico died and Neal Moser left it got turned into another crap guitar company. Same shape, completely different animal. For that kind of scratch I would get a REAL BCRich. I know where a great longhorn Mockingbird sits for $1800, easily three times the guitar you would get new.

Of, buy one from Neal Moser himself.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Whoa, 9 year old thread!!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 02:04 PM

Damn I didn't even notice when it started!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 06:33 PM

haha! Good taste never goes out of style. I'm so wanting a usa gunslinger...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode