beautyfull 11-string guitar solo! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

beautyfull 11-string guitar solo!

this is absolutely stunning...

http://xyzwebdesign.com/sanbass/video.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:01 PM

Re: beautyfull 11-string guitar solo!

Ok, I can appreciate the talent that must of took to play that piece, but 1 minute of that non-sense was ENOUGH for me. I was not aware until now that you could get an 11 string guitar. That is a lot of strings!
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

haha, i was actually kidding, itīs just some old guy mashing his hands into the freatboard! :P i donīt think anyone can hear anything musical in that nonsensical knuckle-mashing! :P
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:09 PM

I'm glad your being sarcastic, because I was wondering about what you considered rhythm. I'm still having "Vietnam-like" shellshock flashbacks from that mess!

Is he doing pinch harmonics? I'm a newbie, and I've been curious how this is played. There is a kid that plays Super Mario on 2 guitars on YouTube and I was wondering how this was done.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Dee

For the first time in my life I am speechless.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
For the first time in my life I am speechless.
Wow, and this coming from the guy that writes guitar reviews as if it was a Master thesis. Did you watch the whole clip, Dee? I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It was just too painful for me to listen to. Everything I thought I knew about music theory and technique is just totally blown out of the water now!
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:42 PM

wow, that is just NOISE !!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:45 PM

Reviews: 6

Wow... That was some insane nonesense... I'm all for out playing. In fact I love playing out stuff but that was absolute crap. Is he a stroke victim or something?
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemwielder View Post
Wow... That was some insane nonesense... I'm all for out playing. In fact I love playing out stuff but that was absolute crap. Is he a stroke victim or something?
RAOTFLMAO!!! I think you may be right. Actually, I believe the stroke is occurring right before our very eyes.

I truely believe that man should never touch a guitar, let alone an 11-string ever again. I mean N-E-V-E-R!
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

hehe... heīs not really doing anything, just random mashing of the nuckles along the strings haha :P
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:50 PM

What an absolute waste of such an amazing instrument. The things that could be done with that in the hands of a competant musician.
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:50 PM

I play better than that on one of my PMS days. Sorry guys, with a woman around you know this will be thrown out there sooner or later.
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_chick View Post
Wow, and this coming from the guy that writes guitar reviews as if it was a Master thesis. Did you watch the whole clip, Dee? I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It was just too painful for me to listen to. Everything I thought I knew about music theory and technique is just totally blown out of the water now!
I did watch it all, yeah. I don't know why... I was just trying to work out if it was a joke or not. I think it's a stupid instrument. Anything more than 7 strings, forget it.
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_chick View Post
I play better than that on one of my PMS days. Sorry guys, with a woman around you know this will be thrown out there sooner or later.
It effects your playing? Wow women have it rough.
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemwielder View Post
It effects your playing? Wow women have it rough.
Well, bad mood=bad playing, sometimes.

It was just a joke, meant more for shock value really. Yeah, don't mess with us women that happen to be PMSing with guitars in our hands!!! You saw the stroke victim clip! Prepare to meet your doom; it would not be pleasant!

Tags
guitar playing , pinch harmonics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode