Been all this evening playing a PRS - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Been all this evening playing a PRS

Im smiling since 4 this evening to now. I know theyre great guitars but never liked the construction. BUT today ive been playibg a bolt-on PRS and... Im in love. Was really beatiful and the sound was awesome. Another to add to the "guitars i hope someday ill have" list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 03:32 PM

what was it? a CE22, CE24 or Swamp Ash Special? I 'think' thats all their bolt ons, but I could be, and probably am wrong. I had a SAS before, it was nice, but it had the fat neck, so I got rid of it. They really hold their value though, dang you can sell used ones with a small dent for full price, cause they are so hard to find.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2002, 08:49 AM

Besides the CEs and the SAS there are the old EGs, some of which are very sweet guitars... I missed picking up a nice EG a few weeks ago and I'm still kicking myself over it... I really love my Custom 24, tho' - they're great guitars if you find the right one....
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2002, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Dont know the model, but wasnt ash. he neck wasnt very thick too. Seems i have to look at the prs page...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2002, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Got it. It was a CE 22.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urkoman
Got it. It was a CE 22.
most of prs guitar come with the opion of a fat neck or thin, and trem and hardtail. My SAS just happened to have the fat neck, and hardtail. It really was a great guitar, just didn't fit my style of playing. I miss it cause it sounded awesome...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

This had a thin neck and a wilkinson- type bridge.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 01:59 PM

I've got a PRS CE24, but I wan't a Jem aswell, hence the reason for joining these fine forums.

New PRS CE22's all come with a tremolo and a Wide-fat neck carve only. CE24's now all come with PRS tremelo's and a Wide-thin neck carve only. There did used to be a choice of bridges, and neck carves until last year.

Wicked guitars they are though, and much as I want a Jem, i'd never sell my PRS. Here in rip-off britain, my PRS was cheaper than any brand new Jem (except the 555), but thats another story.

Tags
prs guitar , swamp ash , swamp ash special

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode