Bernie Rico Guitars. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

Bernie Rico Guitars.

Anyone ever heard or played a Bernie Rico guitar?, see here in town theres this shop and they carry alot of LTD's, ESP's, Little bit of fernandes you know. well they have theese "bernie rico jr. guitars" and I've played one, its great honestly IMO holds it own opposed to the jem. apparently the son of the man who created BC Rich is the owner of this company, and only 6 stores World wide carry theese. I was wondering if anyone else has played them except me and if so what they thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 02:58 AM

Re: Bernie Rico Guitars.

I played one of the early ones and thought it was great. Just like a custom shop BC rich or better.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 03:15 AM

Ive heard of them. Sight unseen i would bet they feel like the high end bc riches so they are probably an awesome buy. They could attain a high level of value at some point as well. Arent they in the boutique guitar price range?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 11:02 AM

Yeah they are pricey. They look very well made and I bet they play great and sound good, but they look like they belong to the goth crowd. I would only buy one if I was going to play Mick Mars in a Motley Crue "Shout at the Devil" era cover band.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 01:09 PM

I had a Mason Bernard guitar which was made by Bernie Rico (at a time between his BC Rich involvement). It had the best neck- just amazing. However, I got it for $89, so the value to performance ratio was high. I do think that many BC Rich USA pieces are overpriced, and that may be the hit on these as well.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 02:38 PM

I have always liked the look of the quality of craftsmanship on the Bernie Rico models. The actual guitars themselves though, are all a bit too pointy for me. Dont get me wrong, everyone needs a pointy guitar in their arsenal. But some of the Bernie Rico models are insane!!

Tags
custom shop , motley crue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode