Best case for SZ - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Best case for SZ

Ibanez recommends the RG550C large guitar case for this guitar, but the SZ series doesn't strike me as being particularly large. I'm afraid this case will have a little more room inside than I want. I would have to order it, so I can't check the fit before I buy.

I was thinking maybe the RockCase or Gator "universal" electric guitar cases might actually be a better fit since they are a little smaller. A rep from ***************.com checked and said that both of these cases will fit.

Anyone with an SZ - what case do you use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 01:03 PM

Re: Best case for SZ

I have a SZ720 that I got off of a certain auction site and it came with a SKB Freedom case. Overall, that particular case seems to fit it pretty well. Obviously, the fit isn't as snug as a RG in a UV1000C, but it is way better than what I am accustomed to for generic cases. If you have any questions, let me know.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 08:14 PM

Ibanez has a hard case especially designed for the SZ- W50SZ. ask your dealer if they have it.

FREEDOM 6 hard case will fit the SZ & it goes for much lesser than the above-mentioned. i own one.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 12:07 AM

I have a freedom case for my old S and it fits pretty good, i just throw a extra towel or something in to make it extra snug when i want too. Since it's a non cleared wood finish I don't need to worry about any finish damage
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germX
Ibanez has a hard case especially designed for the SZ- W50SZ. ask your dealer if they have it.

FREEDOM 6 hard case will fit the SZ & it goes for much lesser than the above-mentioned. i own one.

THat's wierd you say that , because the Ibanez site states that the RG550LC is THE case for the SZ's . In fact they don't have a case lsited by the # you listed.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Update: an online vendor told me that the Warwick RockCase would fit the SZ520, so I ordered one (worth a try because it is cheap). I thought the case was nice and looked good, but it was not deep enough. The lid of the case would not close all the way because of the height of the bridge and knobs, and the headstock was resting on the g-string tuning knob. This is a decent case, but obviously made for strat-style guitars. A return shipping label is on the way, and I'm going to go ahead and buy the large Ibanez case, since they have it at a pretty good price ($83).

Tags
electric guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode