Best Sounding Guitar You've Played - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 09:36 PM

Reviews: 5
it's a simple answer, but it's completely true:

My JEM7VWH. Every time I pick it up, I think "I suck. I completely do not deserve this gorgeous sounding guitar. Everything about it is what I listen for in guitars. Beautiful ringing clean tones, tons of sustain and amazing response to articulation. From a players perspective, the neck is so perfect and silky, it makes playing so much easier. Clearly, it's not going to make you something you're not- but it frees you to do the most with your abilities

I've owned it for almost 4 years now and I'm still amazed and glowing about it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 10:05 AM

Reviews: 3
My 3120 w/out a doubt is the best I've ever had the opportunity of playing. I LOVE that guitar. By the way...what bogner preamp is in balducci's rack? Is it the fish?
post #33 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 12:10 PM

As far as acoustics go, my old Lowden F25C has insane tone, volume & sustain. I had a '64 Brazillian Rosewood Martin D-28 for awhile that sounded great too. The Martin 000-28EC Eric Clapton model has a very sweet tone too, and a great neck!
post #34 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 10:28 PM

For me it would have to be this one...

Plays smooth and fast. And really screams with the Seymour Duncan Metal Livewire Set pickups in it.

Hatch
post #35 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 03:50 AM

the best sounding guitar i've ever played(which is only the second best playing guitar i've played) is my fully modded RGT42... sure its korean made, but the body and fret wire is the ONLY origional hardware now... i replaced the stock crap tuners with Gotoh tuners from my 1990 RG570, and also replaced the LoTRS II with the edge from my 1990 570... i replaced the volume pot, removed the tone pot, replaced the pickup selector switch, wired it for the 3 pickup combo's i use(yeah not as versatile, but it does exactly what i need), popped in Duncan JB neck pickup and Duncan TB4 bridge pickup, it has such a hot distorted tone, and such a killer clean tone, i also replaced the stock locks with the 90 570's locks, and the little bar that goes over the strings above the nut.... also replaced the knob with the black knob from my 570:P and i took 2 of the springs out of my 570 and put it in the RGT42, so i have 4 springs in the back, and loaded it with 11-48 ernie ball power slinkies... the tone is so fat... and my setup is simple, very simple... i use a boss metal zone for my distortion, i got a dd-5 for very slight, almost chorus like delay, and use my BR-532 digital 4 track for my EQ, my Compressor, and my Noise Suppressor... all going into this laptop for recording and jamming thru my yamaha TSS-1 digital 5.1 speaker system... simple setup, powerful sound(especially with digital recording)

the best PLAYING guitar i have ever played is my 1980 Yamaha SE300H... even when it was all stock from the pawn shop(lol) it still played better than anything i had ever played... i ultimately replaced the neck with a 1 piece maple MightMite fender strat 22 fret neck, and repainted it red, instead of the pearly color it was(i wish i never painted it now, i miss the pearl color...) the guitar is a dream to play, i got it set up to have as low action as possible, and the frets are so thin, i just glide right over them, they make my RGT42 seem like crap lol... i just wish i could get the tone of my RGT42 out of that guitar, then i'd have the PERFECT** ax...

**perfect being my opinion of course
post #36 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 05:00 PM

Byrd Guitars Super Avianti

These guitars really have to be seen to be believed, had the chance to play all 3 on show here pretty much constantly for a week when I stayed with James Byrd in Seattle. I have gotten harmonics out of these guitars that I have never heard on any other guitar I have played!

I have pics of me playing them too I but need to scan them in.

Enjoy!!

oo and one more!!

post #37 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 05:28 PM

For acoustics, Martin E.C. signature and for electrics a Gibson 1979 LP 25/50 Anniversary model...still my holy grail.
post #38 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 05:36 PM

My favorite acoustic is a JBPlayer acoustic electric.. my wife's Dean Generation One ain't bad either.

My favorite electric is now a Jem7VBK which was shipped to Herc today for a GMC swirl. I love that thing. Second favorite is a Jem90.. while the fretboard is smoother, its TOO smooth for me.. my hands slip and slide all over that thing. Maybe in a few years I can master it but in the meantime the more gripping rosewood of the (soon to be) GMC "Jade" rocks. Other guitars I've played are Gibson SG and Fender Strat and Tele.

Doesn't anyone else in here other than Jem7vwh and me have a jem as a favorite guitar?

-Alex
post #39 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 08:02 PM

Out of all the outrageously priced guitars I've owned and the multitude... I personally over all like the jem7vwh the best!

I like the feel of the js guitar, the sound of the vwh. I love the feel of the ebmm jpm7 for seven strings...

In CLOSE second was the Yngwie Malmsteen strat outfitted with SD pups..(bridge:screamin demon, mid:hot rails, neck: hot stack). This guitar ROCKED... and could easily move past the jem but things such as the trem etc.. kept it from top dog in my opinion... but GOD did it sound sooo good! I'm building a custom YJM guitar from WD and putting these pups in it...
post #40 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 01:32 AM

mine...

Custom Shop Jackson Soloist Sl2h Archtop.....

String thru....
the back of the neck wasnt painted, it was oiled.. It played like butter, it sounded smooth and creamy, and every fret easily accessable.

Everything on that guitar was great except the pricetag
post #41 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 06:12 AM

Clean - Vintage Gibson L5 CES tone for days loved it

Dirty - PRS McCarty model not for the guitar itself for the neck pickup only.. There was something special about that pickup.. The tone was amazing I should have taken it out before we sold it at the music store I worked at.. Nothing to this day ever sounded close to that pickup..
post #42 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 11:14 AM
EKG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Kolesar
By far, the BEST one I ever played was my UV7BK. Sorry I ever sold it
UPDATE:
Not sure if it is "new guitar psyche" or not, but I have to say my PGM10TH now
post #43 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 11:38 AM

it kinda depends on when or where you play these things, but for me, an rg570 with plain stock ibanez pups through a mesa boogie nomad 55. absolutly screamin!!!!! intrinsicly, not better than a lp of jem, but on that day it was a lil howlin wolf.
post #44 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 10:13 AM

Oh. It used to be my Ibanez 442R, but last year I got a severe kick in the pants when I plugged an old graphite Steinberger into the Marshall stack at band practise. All the band members instantly agreed after the first song was over. My original graphite Steinberger with the EMGs, Transtrem and active tone control has blown everything away that I've ever tried. Since then I've picked up a few others, nearly a dozen, and they all sound and play incredible.

Number 2 would have to be my new #1 guitar, my Ibanez Prestige SC1620 -- wow! Feels and sounds great when pumped up! Then comes my 80's 540R with the EMGs...
post #45 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector
Clean - Vintage Gibson L5 CES tone for days loved it
I am so envious!

I would absolutely love to have an old L5 CES... ever since i heard Tuck Andress play, i've wanted a natural L5 with Bartolini pickups. What an incredible tone!

Tags
adrian smith , amp head , bogner uberschall , boogie nomad , boss metal zone , brian moore , bridge pickup , bridge position , bridge pup , celestion vintage , clean tone , custom shop , david gilmour , dimarzio breed , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf joe , dimarzio super distortion , distorted tone , distortion pedal , dot inlay , dual rectifier , duncan distortion , ebmm jpm , electric guitar , epi les paul , eric clapton , ernie ball , evh charvel , fat strat , fender bassman , fender custom shop , fender princeton , fender strat , fender strats , fret neck , fret wire , genz benz , gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , gibson les paul standard , gmc swirl , gotoh tuners , guitar shop , hollow body , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , iron maiden , jackson dinky , jackson soloist , john petrucci , kahler trem , kerry king , lado earth , les paul , les paul custom , les paul standard , les pauls , mahogany body , malmsteen strat , maple fret , maple fretboard , marshall jtm , marshall valvestate , mesa boogie , mesa boogie nomad , mesa cab , mesa cabs , mesa dual , mesa dual rectifier , music store , neck pickup , noise suppressor , paf joe , parker fly , parker fly deluxe , patrick eggle , peavey wolfgang , pickup combo , pickup selector switch , pink floyd , playing guitar , prs mccarty , rich warlock , rob balducci , seymour duncan , seymour duncan distortion , seymour duncans , solid state amp , solid state amps , sounding guitar , strat plus , strat sound , string acoustic , suhr standard , super distortion , super overdrive , tobacco sunburst , tone zone , tube amp , tube head , yngwie malmsteen , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode