Best Sounding Guitar You've Played - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 05:30 PM

hmm

Id have to say, despite the fact i cant play the damn thing since the neck really doesnt work for me, I have to say the JS10 is one of the best sounding guitars ive owned...i still own it...although im selling it cause i cant play it! But it really is like having liquid tone. anything you want, she can provide it. I also love the sound and feel of 59 les pauls. and for metal, nothing beats my customshop explorer, (the crunch that beast can give out...) I have to say i also love the clean tones from my '88 77FP, and the shred of my 7VSBL through my Mesa

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 05:45 PM

Best sounding guitar? well, I absolutely LOVE my custom Guild D25 acoustic, only one in the world like it, and given to me by the most important person in my life but, honestly, that same most important person, has an 09 series (can't remember the letters ) Larrivee that is the sweetest sounding guitar ever. I just played a Guild 12 string at Dave's Guitar Shop in Wisconsin that sounded absolutely amazing too, wish I could have bought it :'(

As for Electrics, I think I would have to say my UV7BK (also given to me by her, wow, I owe her hugely!) or my JEM7VWH.

My Parker was very close, and, at the risk of sounding like an ego freak, the Acoustic I built for my special someone sounded amazing as well!
post #48 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 01:46 AM

S470QSTR

found one at this place called Consour(sp?) Music in Fort Wayne, Indiana. where's the drooling emoticon??
post #49 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 11:17 PM

An Gibson LesPaul Custom, year 1976. Sunburst.
Yeah, man!!!! I like the "WYLDE'ish".....LOL.
But, at least, my PGM300 rulez!

EDIT:
ooooooopppsss: I forgot: LesPaul in a JCM800 - 4x12
Bass=8
Middle=10
High=10
Presence=3
Gain=9
Volume=10
WOW!!!

Tubarão
post #50 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreenman
the Acoustic I built for my special someone sounded amazing as well!
Having your hands heart and all of your senses engaged in making it sure does have an effect on the final outcome!

Probably the best-sounding acoustic i've ever heard was made by Gordon Barry here in Toronto. He's a fingerstyle guitarist, and makes guitars geared more towards fingerstyle playing. I took one strum on this really small orchestra style he built and my jaw dropped in sheer awe at the volume and tone that came out of this tiny guitar.
post #51 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 11:44 PM

hmmm my holy grail tone, HAS to be......and dont laugh......

an SC420 through a fender princeton reverb chorus something somthing somthing, im not a fan of fender solid state amps, but i had this one at a really low level, sounded hot as hell, I couldnt belive it! it sounded like ass when i cranked it, but turned low like that omg i was in heaven :O
post #52 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 03:34 PM

The best guitar I have heard is my Freinds RG7. He replaced the blaze 2 hums with Blaze 2 Single coils, and he had a custom pick gaurd made. His distortion tone is by far the best I have ever heard. He uses a mesa dual rectifier through a marshall 4X12 cab with celestion vintage 30s. To me the switch to single coils made a substantial difference for the better.

My setup sounds pretty damn good, in a different way.
I play a 64 fender duo sonic, and an early 70s Ibanez SG lawsuit.
I play through a fender bassman 100watt tube head, and a 2X15 cab with Jenson P15N speakers. If any of you are looking for a good head for clean tone, do yourself a favor and check out an early 70s fender bassman head. You will not be disapointed! I use a Boss Super overdrive distortion pedal, which sounds pretty damn good. I've had a bad case of gas lately though.... gonna get a hold of an 87-88 540s Hm/S/S, and another amp head and cab.
post #53 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurich
I haven't tried as many as most of you here but my vote goes out to my Aria classical (still undetermined model or year of make)
I too have an Aria classical model# A543F, stamped by Ryoji Matsudka, and stamped Arai instead of Aria, late '60's-early '70's not exactly sure of the date, but what a tone!!! My ole D-18 was fairly nice till I pulled a Pete Townsend with it. . Oh well, I have an HD-28V now and it is simply incredible!!! My les paul custom is the hands down sustain king of my guitars but my RG565 is my fvorite to play. More versitile than the lp and sometimes feels like a part of me. Hard to tell where I end and it begins!!! Sometimes I find myself saying WOW!!! Did I do that??!!!
post #54 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubaraodesigns
An Gibson LesPaul Custom, year 1976. Sunburst.
:
My LPC is also a '76 sunburst and I'm having some dificulty identifying the finish. Some say it's a Tobacco sunburst, others say it's a honey burst, And it dosen't look like either one of those to me.
post #55 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 11:51 AM

Once, a few years ago, "Lucille" came to me with her friends Mr. Marshall Head tsl and (if I remember correctly) Mr Mesa cab 4x12. Nothing and nobody else was around - We all had a great time together...
post #56 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-24-2002, 03:21 PM

I played a Mako EVH look-alike strat in a pawnshop once, hooked up to an ART SGX-2000. That thing just blew me away, maybe it was the acoustics,maybe it was just that perfect combination, I don't know, but that thing sounded incredible. That old crappy guitar that someone had put a Kahler tremelo on, could do no wrong. Action low, pick-ups hot. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it, I just jammed my arse off until the guy kicked me out. I probably played that thing for two hours.
post #57 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 05:17 PM

My green flame top Jackson dinky into either my teachers POD or his old marshall. The POD especially sounds amazing.
post #58 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 05:45 PM

I would have to say, my Peavey USA Detonator AX i picked up from a pawn shop and modded with an X2N and a EVO neck, i also had the frets leveled it plays like a dream.
post #59 of 99 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 06:15 PM

1st: Gibson ES-335
2nd: PRS Singlecut
3rd: Gibson SG Supreme
4th: PRS Custom 22
5th: Gibson Les Paul Standard
6th: Gibson Explorer
7th: PRS CE-22
8th: Gibson Les Paul Special
9th: Fender MIA Fat Strat
10th: Ibanez UV777BK
post #60 of 99 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 05:18 PM

musicman Axis sport
Fender strat plus
and of course Ibanez jem

Tags
adrian smith , amp head , bogner uberschall , boogie nomad , boss metal zone , brian moore , bridge pickup , bridge position , bridge pup , celestion vintage , clean tone , custom shop , david gilmour , dimarzio breed , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf joe , dimarzio super distortion , distorted tone , distortion pedal , dot inlay , dual rectifier , duncan distortion , ebmm jpm , electric guitar , epi les paul , eric clapton , ernie ball , evh charvel , fat strat , fender bassman , fender custom shop , fender princeton , fender strat , fender strats , fret neck , fret wire , genz benz , gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , gibson les paul standard , gmc swirl , gotoh tuners , guitar shop , hollow body , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , iron maiden , jackson dinky , jackson soloist , john petrucci , kahler trem , kerry king , lado earth , les paul , les paul custom , les paul standard , les pauls , mahogany body , malmsteen strat , maple fret , maple fretboard , marshall jtm , marshall valvestate , mesa boogie , mesa boogie nomad , mesa cab , mesa cabs , mesa dual , mesa dual rectifier , music store , neck pickup , noise suppressor , paf joe , parker fly , parker fly deluxe , patrick eggle , peavey wolfgang , pickup combo , pickup selector switch , pink floyd , playing guitar , prs mccarty , rich warlock , rob balducci , seymour duncan , seymour duncan distortion , seymour duncans , solid state amp , solid state amps , sounding guitar , strat plus , strat sound , string acoustic , suhr standard , super distortion , super overdrive , tobacco sunburst , tone zone , tube amp , tube head , yngwie malmsteen , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode