Best Sounding Guitar You've Played - Page 6 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 06:36 PM

Re: Best Sounding Guitar You've Played

Ernie Ball Axis SS
Ernie Ball JP

both guitars i own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 09:32 PM

Reviews: 1

My RG 550 is pretty darn nice. I can get all the tones I need from it for the most part. What I can't, I can with mt 7's
Best live Piezo from a guitar was the PRS that Steven Wilson played last tour.
post #78 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 10:44 PM

My specific Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat...drove all the way to Nashville to get it, and it's staying with me forever...
post #79 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 10:59 PM

RG 8270 and EJ strat. Thankfully I own them both

Damnit 2002 thread
post #80 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 11:43 PM

jcrg4 and 20th 550s.I'm currently trying out a esp neckthrough with emgs,I kind of like it quite alot.the jem7 and ebmm jp6 sound good also.Actually pretty much all my guitars sound good,with the exception of a couple of jacksons and they just need different pickups.I tend to judge electrics by how they sound unplugged, as electronics can be changed.
post #81 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 09:12 AM

Big Red I'm trying to figure out how you came by your nom de plume?

My Fender Am Dlx Strat is my favourite player. Why the previous owner flogged it is totally beyond me.
post #82 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 09:29 AM

Best sounding for rock Ive played was the EVH charvel
Was through a Fender Super-sonic...man it sounded great
$4500 price tag (aus) was a big turnoff tho
post #83 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 10:47 PM

Dean Cadillac distorted
Fender Jazzmaster clean

I still love Ibanez more than all of the above.
post #84 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 12:58 AM

PRS Custom Soapbar (three P90s) through any amp, clean or distorted. Why PRS discontinued this guitar is just totally beyond me....

.... oh, yeah that's right - because only myself and a handful of other people bought one.......
post #85 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 08:52 AM

Abyss Custom 7 string. Had built for me last year. Almost NEVER touch any other guitars i own. It absolutely blows away my rg8527. only thing my abyss doesn't have that the jrg does is the trem. and i wanted it that way
post #86 of 99 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 12:39 PM

best sounding eh? it'd have to be my old Maxxas MX2. it had a chambered body and it just sang!!!
post #87 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 02:28 AM

Best moment of sound - my UV7BK (thats a Ibanez Universe 1st ed) through a matchless top and a marshall cabinet. I've never since heard my UV as good through anything else. Its now completely redone with pickups and stuff so it'll never be like that again-Now its just a MADLY angry guitar! growl!

other than that I like MY Ibanez Black Beauty through my peavey triumph combo's (all valve) in blues mode-such a fat mid! Very Killer Queen.

The best I ever heard from someone else was Brian May playing his red special 5meters away from me-BIG sound.
post #88 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 04:45 AM

A dude I met years ago had a Ibanez S540fmtp '95 model with custom pickups in it (don't know what they were) and it sounded incredible.

It played awesomely too, and he was selling it... but I was far too stupid to snap it straight away, and when I made my mind up, he had already sold it

Some nights i still shed a tear or two

Rock on!
post #89 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 05:07 AM

These things are my Faves at the mo........
Pick em up over my Ibanez now.......

post #90 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 09:48 AM

PRS Custom 24, but with Dimarzio Breed in the bridge position and Dimarzio PAF Joe at the neck, way better than the regular pickups (HFS/Vintage bass) that PRS install. This thing just blows away my thin sounding Jem7V with its ice pick Evolutions. Now I just need to get rid of that silly rotary pickup selector switch!

Tags
adrian smith , amp head , bogner uberschall , boogie nomad , boss metal zone , brian moore , bridge pickup , bridge position , bridge pup , celestion vintage , clean tone , custom shop , david gilmour , dimarzio breed , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf joe , dimarzio super distortion , distorted tone , distortion pedal , dot inlay , dual rectifier , duncan distortion , ebmm jpm , electric guitar , epi les paul , eric clapton , ernie ball , evh charvel , fat strat , fender bassman , fender custom shop , fender princeton , fender strat , fender strats , fret neck , fret wire , genz benz , gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , gibson les paul standard , gmc swirl , gotoh tuners , guitar shop , hollow body , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , iron maiden , jackson dinky , jackson soloist , john petrucci , kahler trem , kerry king , lado earth , les paul , les paul custom , les paul standard , les pauls , mahogany body , malmsteen strat , maple fret , maple fretboard , marshall jtm , marshall valvestate , mesa boogie , mesa boogie nomad , mesa cab , mesa cabs , mesa dual , mesa dual rectifier , music store , neck pickup , noise suppressor , paf joe , parker fly , parker fly deluxe , patrick eggle , peavey wolfgang , pickup combo , pickup selector switch , pink floyd , playing guitar , prs mccarty , rich warlock , rob balducci , seymour duncan , seymour duncan distortion , seymour duncans , solid state amp , solid state amps , sounding guitar , strat plus , strat sound , string acoustic , suhr standard , super distortion , super overdrive , tobacco sunburst , tone zone , tube amp , tube head , yngwie malmsteen , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode