Best Sounding Guitar You've Played - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Best Sounding Guitar You've Played

Well, it's a pretty simple question...
What's the best-sounding guitar you've ever played?
Mine is possibly the RG3120. I played this certain guitar at { UGH } Guitar Center a while back, and i just couldn't put it down. The clean sounds were crystal clear, and the Tone Zone was SOOO tight-sounding in that mahagony body... mmm... i still wish i had one of those guitars...
Also on the list are :
Ernie Ball/ Music Man John Petrucci
Ibanez Jem7DBK
my Ibanez USRG10
Ibanez UV777BK
{ can you tell i like Ibanez ? }
Some ugly old Strat i played
Ibanez JS1000
Peavey Wolfgang { may have been a Music Man... i don't remember}
.... and that's about it.
Post yours, too!!!
^^^Ben^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 11:24 AM

Hmm...Well, I really liked the sound of the RG-7620 I played. My Strat sounds really nice (for a Squire, I'm rather happy/impressed), and my friends Epi Les Paul sounds real nice (especially through the Marshall or Matchless patches on my Flextone II).
post #3 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 11:50 AM
EKG

By far, the BEST one I ever played was my UV7BK. Sorry I ever sold it
post #4 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 12:09 PM

As far as best sounding, my 57 Les Paul Custom with 3 pickups just has a certain sound about it. I've owned about 20 guitars and nothing could match it.

Gabe
post #5 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 12:36 PM

Rob Balducci's dot inlay red six string through his old Triaxis/bogner rack and mesa cabs...

That really rocked!!
post #6 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 12:42 PM

The sweetest (and also simplest) sounding setup that I've had the pleasure of going through was my '63 Strat through my Matchless Cheiftain head & 2x12" cab. Both items that I wish I still had
post #7 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijem777
Both items that I wish I still had
yeah yeah poor you......you have only a few crappy guitars now....bastard!
post #8 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 07:47 PM

My old Lado Laser-1 (serial number 001) was absolutely spectacular sounding. It was similar to the Earth 2000 model that was played for a while by Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden.

It had custom-wound Lado pickups and an onboard preamp that would make the guitar sustain for days when engaged. It wasn't the most versatile guitar by any stretch, but it did have the smoothest, sweetest, creamiest lead sound i've ever heard. Chocolate for the ears.
post #9 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 08:04 PM

overall, my 7vWH, but also
a js10th in guitar center (man.. that guitar has SERIOUS tone...!)
js1000
eb/mm jpm

these were the best overall .. but when i'm in specific frames of mind, like, say a pink floyd one, then there was this old amer. strat w/ a maple fretboard in a pawnshop that was sweet as hell .. sucked to be broke though .. i'm still questing after a sweet sounding strat...
normally though, i don't like strats, just in specific instances

and that's really pretty much it.. !

~A
post #10 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 08:04 PM

Brian Moore m/c-1 best guitar I've ever heard. Second would be this one j-custom that I play. Can't tell you much about it other than it had a cloud and a oriental dragon carved out of the front of the guitar.
post #11 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 09:30 PM

I have pretty limited experience since all my guitars have been "budget" guitars, and I never saw a point in trying more expensive guitars since it would just upset me

I've tried a US strat, US Tele, Gibson LP Std and other (lesser?) guitars but the finest guitar I've played is my Ibanez JS1000BTB.

Thru my mildly abused Marshall VS 8040 combo it sometimes sounds so good.. and it's always sounds good.

The Strat was "ok", and the Tele was good - helluva chunky neck. I'm actually originally a LP nut (2 LP copies hangin on the wall) so I'm surprised I'm not naming a LP amongst the best sounding guitars I've played.. I'm still looking for the right one I guess.

Might be a sweet looking LP Classic (faded CSB, pronounced grain but not flamed) I spotted last week, or might be a new 2002 LP Std if I ever get to try one..

My JS never fails to deliver, so many sweet tones, but aggressive when you need it - the FRED rocks
post #12 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 06:00 AM

well people are probly gona run at me with guns for this but mine is a parker fly deluxe.

man i love that guitar so much.
post #13 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 06:12 AM

The JS6, specifically through a Marshall Plexi reissue. Never owned it, just played it until I was kicked out of GC.
post #14 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealk
Rob Balducci's dot inlay red six string through his old Triaxis/bogner rack and mesa cabs...

That really rocked!!
You could plug a guitar made from poo into an amp made from poo and Rob can still make it sound good.

Gabe
post #15 of 99 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 12:29 PM

tom anderson cobra....P90s, hardtail, mahogany. into a BV120 no less, but had the smoothest tone ever. have never played an ibanez that came close. but as far as ibanez's go...rg3120, i am sure that my opinion will change when i get my rgt3120, tho.

rich

Tags
adrian smith , amp head , bogner uberschall , boogie nomad , boss metal zone , brian moore , bridge pickup , bridge position , bridge pup , celestion vintage , clean tone , custom shop , david gilmour , dimarzio breed , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf joe , dimarzio super distortion , distorted tone , distortion pedal , dot inlay , dual rectifier , duncan distortion , ebmm jpm , electric guitar , epi les paul , eric clapton , ernie ball , evh charvel , fat strat , fender bassman , fender custom shop , fender princeton , fender strat , fender strats , fret neck , fret wire , genz benz , gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , gibson les paul standard , gmc swirl , gotoh tuners , guitar shop , hollow body , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , iron maiden , jackson dinky , jackson soloist , john petrucci , kahler trem , kerry king , lado earth , les paul , les paul custom , les paul standard , les pauls , mahogany body , malmsteen strat , maple fret , maple fretboard , marshall jtm , marshall valvestate , mesa boogie , mesa boogie nomad , mesa cab , mesa cabs , mesa dual , mesa dual rectifier , music store , neck pickup , noise suppressor , paf joe , parker fly , parker fly deluxe , patrick eggle , peavey wolfgang , pickup combo , pickup selector switch , pink floyd , playing guitar , prs mccarty , rich warlock , rob balducci , seymour duncan , seymour duncan distortion , seymour duncans , solid state amp , solid state amps , sounding guitar , strat plus , strat sound , string acoustic , suhr standard , super distortion , super overdrive , tobacco sunburst , tone zone , tube amp , tube head , yngwie malmsteen , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode