The best you've played - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6
The best you've played

This might be in the wrong section (still getting used to the site), but I was wondering -- what is the best guitar you've played?

One was a Jem I played back when I was 16 -- I obviously couldn't afford it. The other was a PRS Artist series -- handmade, hand numbered. This guitar was worth about $5K when I played it, and it was incredible: so beautiful I was afraid to touch it, but I couldn't leave it in the case. I wish I'd have had more time with it, but that 30 minutes showed me the difference between a nice guitar, and one lovingly built by a passionate craftsman.

Anyone else want to chime in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 10:53 AM

Re: The best you've played

funny enough, by a long stretch it would be my PRS Cu24 artist.

I have had a fair few different guitars including a Jem 10 but the PRS is head and shoulders above anything else I have ever owned
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 12:20 PM

The JemDBK/550 Hybrid I just picked up a month ago is literally the best guitar I've ever touched. I've played guitars worth more than cars that couldn't even touch this, it is quite amazing.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 01:34 PM

My Jem77BFP
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 01:37 PM

Easy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fguzl0bSFxA
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 04:51 PM

Electric: My Abyss Custom 7 string.. IMHO, eats up a PRS

Acoustic: Taylor Grand Symphony.. not sure model.. Played at guitar center. Huge sound, great feel.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

When you get to a certain level it becomes about preference rather than discernable quality.

I personally like the JEM10, it sounds so crisp and articulate, and plays amazingly. I'm not a big fan of quilt top madness, so I like its classy looks.

And seeing at this is in the non-Ibanez bit of the forum, a Jaden Rose custom with a wenge neck and super smooth ebony board.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 06:10 PM

Reviews: 5

Wow... the best I've played.

1. Ibanez USRG30TP - it was immaculate, insanely fast, and well intonated.
2. Ibanez JEM77BFP - again, a beautiful guitar and just seemed made to be played to death
3. Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster - a mid-90s H-S-S model with a 5A quilt maple top and ebony fretboard.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 06:13 PM

D'Angelico New Yorker. It was for sale at Mandolin Brothers for 100 grand and I spent about 45 minutes playing it.

Anyway, we do have a thread for this already:
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/fa...yed-19738.html

Last edited by jim777; 01-08-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode