Beta Testers Needed for Cara Guitars RavenX - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Beta Testers Needed for Cara Guitars RavenX

Hi, my name is Jim Cara and I am the owner of Original Cara Hot Rod Guitars in Wilmington DE. I was part of the group in the early 80's that worked out of the Bensalem plant. I would do presentations for the sales staff and introduce them to new products. Mainly I was with the Laney program.
I've had my own shop for about 20 years now and have developed a hot rod guitar I'm pretty proud of. The features are 21" Radius Rosewood Fretboard. 24 Frets Easy Access neck joint, floyd rose locking system that does not need tools. EMG 58, SA and 81 with a 5 way switch.

I am looking for people in the area who have experience with high-end Jem and Sabre guitars, with some credibility that can play the guitar and give me some feedback.

The fastest shredder I know took the guitar for a test drive and loved it. However I want to see if anyone else can get this thing to play cleaner, and faster, ALTHOUGH I DOUBT IT. Someone with a flawless tremolo style would be really nice.

Check out the video on youtube by searching for
Worlds Fastest Guitar built by Original Cara Hot Rod Guitars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 11:54 PM

Re: Beta Testers Needed for Cara Guitars RavenX

there is plenty of guys faster and cleaner on here, how ever I aint one of em hahaha.

I built guitars and finish guitars thats the best I can offer.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 12:04 AM

I play guitar. I just learned Stair Way to Heaven. If you want to send me one I will give an honest review. It sounds cool.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 02:06 AM

Reviews: 25

Pictures of said guitar ??
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 03:13 AM

Reviews: 120

I test and review gear on my blog. I'm in Australia, but that might be a bit far for you. If you are interested let me know. Id be happy to test at home and with my band.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Firstly, Jim, welcome to JEMsite. Please can I ask you, that if you're looking to become more involved as a vendor, that you set the locationin your profile to your actual location Wilmington DE as mentioned in your post? It just gives the other members a it more peace of mind when dealing with professional service providers ad will help your business here in the long run

With regards to the demo the guy is playing so fast that it almost sounds like the "computer game effects" bit from a Dragonforce song!!! I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but it is fast

One thing I would say though is thatdemonstrators should never wear the same colour shirt as the guitar they're demonstrating! Black shirt plus black guitar equals no idea what it actually looks like

I'm sure this is an excellent instrument, but, how can we tell?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 09:20 AM

do your guitars have maple fretboards, florescent colors and real Dimarzios?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 10:20 AM

YouTube search for "world's fastest guitar" yields "About 2,210 results"

Peace

Mike
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 10:41 AM

Try "Worlds Fastest Guitar built by Original Cara Hot Rod Guitars".
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 02:48 PM

If you can really take someone who knows guitars picking apart its every flaw, send it to the Guitar Doctor! (aka me)
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 04:23 PM

Where on, "Earth" ,are you?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 05:05 PM

Reviews: 7

I'd totally test drive one, but I'm not fast..yet. I'm 19 and been playing for 10 years and i'm studying guitar at college.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
Try "Worlds Fastest Guitar built by Original Cara Hot Rod Guitars".
Thanks, yeah, I found it pretty easily by adding "cara," I just thought it was ironic to find two thousand guys claiming to be the fastest guitarist on Earth . . . .

Surely there's only one.

Peace

Mike

Last edited by Hikey Mikey; 03-15-2012 at 08:27 PM.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Well, it wouldn't allow me to post a link to the video here. Chris Gordon is the player and he runs the Shred Academy at The School of Rock Music. His biggest credit it working with Graham Bonnet after Blackmore, Malmsteen, and Vai. There's no way to tell who is better, but this guitar was built with the aftermarket fretboard work already done. Performance Guitar and Sandoval in Hollywood have been flattening fretboards since the 80s. Sandoval started by buying up the dan Armstrong and dan electro necks (non adjustable truss rods) and building the V for Rhodes. then Lynch and DiMartini came on board. The flat necks are really the factor in getting a guitar to shred. Even Vais personal guitars are flatter than the stock models.
But that contradicts that Blackmore and Roth were using those 7" radius Strat necks. That would choke. I really wish I could have seen show the set Ulis strats up.

Is IBZ even running a USA custom shop anymore? Will they make a 24fret 21"radius neck?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraguitars View Post
Even Vais personal guitars are flatter than the stock models.
Bunk. In fact 90% of his guitars have standard Fujigen production necks, just like one you'd buy in the store.

Of course they still have the LACS.
Rich is online  

Tags
cara , fastest , guitar , guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode