A bit different FR. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
A bit different FR.

Got my hands on a new FR shape Ibanez.
Mahogany/maple top body, 3-pc maple-bubinga-maple with maple fretboard (no finish), EDGE Pro trem an DiMarzio pups.

What do you guys think?








/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 04:06 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 292
Reviews: 7
Re: A bit different FR.

Awesome! it reminds me a Peavey Wolfgang or MM Axis, me likes!
BeboRock91 is offline  
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Re: A bit different FR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeboRock91 View Post
Awesome! it reminds me a Peavey Wolfgang or MM Axis, me likes!
Thanks!

Yes, it does remind of those models, also the old Starfield Cabriolet or the Ibanez Ballback.
I think the Starfield are the "idea" for the FR.

/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 04:30 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,205
Reviews: 12
Re: A bit different FR.

if FR's came like that stock, i'd buy one in a jiffy
is this a transparent red or "black cherry" or a Magnus red? :P

Reg
reguv760 is offline  
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Re: A bit different FR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reguv760 View Post
if FR's came like that stock, i'd buy one in a jiffy
is this a transparent red or "black cherry" or a Magnus red? :P

Reg
You are not the first to say that, maybe Ibanez should make FR's like this?
I'm not a huge fan of Ash guitars with humbuckers (but they could make a ash FR with only singlecoils) so this is a dream for me.

It is transparent Wine Red.

/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 05:20 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,901
Reviews: 5
Re: A bit different FR.

Looks beautiful--I wouldn't put it the snow though. Maybe I'm too overprotective of my gear

And yes, it does look like an EVH Wolfgang or an EBMM Axis to me too. That's not a bad thing. I always thought they were great looking guitars. My only gripe with EBMM is that their necks seem to be made for children--way too small for me.
jem7vwh is offline  
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: England
Posts: 7,003
Reviews: 1
Re: A bit different FR.

I really like it I'd like it more if it had a matching headstock though What pickups have you got in there?

It'll give a MM axis a major run for its money.

But I still prefer your custom shop tele-clone.
jono is offline  
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Re: A bit different FR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7vwh View Post
Looks beautiful--I wouldn't put it the snow though. Maybe I'm too overprotective of my gear

And yes, it does look like an EVH Wolfgang or an EBMM Axis to me too. That's not a bad thing. I always thought they were great looking guitars. My only gripe with EBMM is that their necks seem to be made for children--way too small for me.
Thanks!

Snow are no problem, it was only there for a minute or two (and I don't think it is a problem anyway). A touring guitar gets a lot worse experiences than that, and they survive :-)

Yes, Axis have necks that feels small, I agree.
But I think this one is the "model" for it.


/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: England
Posts: 7,003
Reviews: 1
Re: A bit different FR.

mike Lipe still builds those old Starfield shapes as the "Twisted Soldato" model.

Looking again, I forget to say what a teasty flame top your new FR has got, and red is notoriously hard to photograph, so it must be even better in person!!!
jono is offline  
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Re: A bit different FR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
I really like it I'd like it more if it had a matching headstock though What pickups have you got in there?

It'll give a MM axis a major run for its money.

But I still prefer your custom shop tele-clone.
Thanks!

I prefer black headstock, I used to like matching better, but not anymore (I think it makes the guitar to visual).

The pickups are a Steve Special in bridge and PAF Pro i neck.
The bridge one will be changed ASAP (as soon as it gets here) to a Breed.
I'm playing around in France right now but I will probably change the neck pickup to a Bluesbucker when I come home in April.

This is a LACS.

/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 06:09 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: São Paulo - BRAZIL
Posts: 4,066
Re: A bit different FR.

i thought FR was standing for FLOYD ROSE.
AWESOME AXE!
Is it LACS?
For a perfect match you need creme/zebra pickups and matching flamed maple headstock.
Ibanez would sell tons if the FR was that beauty.
Huge congratz.
WillTubarao is offline  
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 06:11 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: São Paulo - BRAZIL
Posts: 4,066
Re: A bit different FR.

sounds like we posted together!
WillTubarao is offline  
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Re: A bit different FR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
mike Lipe still builds those old Starfield shapes as the "Twisted Soldato" model.

Looking again, I forget to say what a teasty flame top your new FR has got, and red is notoriously hard to photograph, so it must be even better in person!!!
Wow, I didn't know that, I love that old Starfield.
I'm actually buying a white Mike Lipe prototype one with 3 singlecoil back in Sweden right now. This one.


Yes, red is a bitch to photo, it sure looks better live.

/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Re: A bit different FR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubarão Guitars View Post
i thought FR was standing for FLOYD ROSE.
AWESOME AXE!
Is it LACS?
For a perfect match you need creme/zebra pickups and matching flamed maple headstock.
Ibanez would sell tons if the FR was that beauty.
Huge congratz.
Yeah, we did post at the same time :-)

Thanks!!!
I think so too, but I'm happy if this is the only one :-)

/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: England
Posts: 7,003
Reviews: 1
Re: A bit different FR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez-Mag View Post
Wow, I didn't know that, I love that old Starfield.
I'm actually buying a white Mike Lipe prototype one with 3 singlecoil back in Sweden right now. This one.


Yes, red is a bitch to photo, it sure looks better live.

/Magnus
I saw that one when the owned posted a feeler thread and immediately thought you'd end up with it

I'd love to see some photos when you've got it all cleaned up
jono is offline  
Reply

Tags
ibanez fr

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome