Blakhart Guitars - any opinions? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Blakhart Guitars - any opinions?

Does anyone have an experience with one of these? They look to be of really nice quality and seem to have some great high quality components. Anybody own one? There are no results when you search "blakhart" so I'm skeptical, but curious.

What'cha think?!

http://www.blakhartguitars.com/products
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 12:21 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: Blakhart Guitars - any opinions?

Probably same quality as an indo ibby, average agile, whatever. Most imports are "decent" nowadays.

The plus side, they have good pickups AND original floyds. thats pretty good at that price.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

That's what I'm thinking - $580 for a near-Jackson Warrior shape with an OFR and an EMG81? EMGs aren't my favorite, but still. The OFR and EMG alone have to compose at least $200 of that price tag...

They almost seem too good to be true..
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 12:28 PM

588 WITH a hardshell case

Well look at it like this, its pretty much on par with the new ibanez gio models this year with upgraded hardware and pickups. If you remoive the cost of the good stuff and replace with cheap, youre around 300 bucks.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I didn't see that the case was included - CRAZY! I like that they are a USA company, that's kind of neat. I'm wathcing YouTube videos of the guitars, and they look immaculate.

Also, my current top-dog guitar is my Ibanez IC400, and I think some of these Blakharts have the same neck dimensions - and I don't believe any other Ibanez models do. I certainly may be wrong, but that's always a factor in making a purchase. I'm self taught, so everything I know I learned on my IC400 neck. Adjusting to other necks proves difficult sometimes...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeel.6 View Post
Yeah I didn't see that the case was included - CRAZY! I like that they are a USA company, that's kind of neat. I'm wathcing YouTube videos of the guitars, and they look immaculate.

Also, my current top-dog guitar is my Ibanez IC400, and I think some of these Blakharts have the same neck dimensions - and I don't believe any other Ibanez models do. I certainly may be wrong, but that's always a factor in making a purchase. I'm self taught, so everything I know I learned on my IC400 neck. Adjusting to other necks proves difficult sometimes...
Theres no way in hell those are made in USA hahaha. They are just the "front" for whatever asian country made them...

Your ic400 has a set neck, so that can be part of it too. I find most people gravitate towards the set/neckthrough or bolt on. You may simply just be a set neck kinda guy lol. You are correct, the set neck IC is pretty much on its own. The fireman would be similar though.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Yeah it looks like the factory might be in Korea. Still, they have quite a few neck throughs and for those nice prices.

I'd love a Fireman, but unless PG wants to just give me one, I don't think I will be able to afford one of those for a long time haha.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeel.6 View Post
Yeah it looks like the factory might be in Korea. Still, they have quite a few neck throughs and for those nice prices.

I'd love a Fireman, but unless PG wants to just give me one, I don't think I will be able to afford one of those for a long time haha.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ibanez-Paul-...p2047675.l2557

lol... more then one way to skin a cat
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Yeah as soon as you mentioned it I investigated - didn't know they made a "budget" model for us regular folks. Haha. I'm scared of only having single coils though - my Iceman has Duncan Blackouts in it :-/
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 07:43 AM

Reviews: 10

Holy ****, this is one hell of a cool design

http://www.blakhartguitars.com/product/kronos-standard
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 01:05 AM

I ordered the tier 2 custom shop Bane V back in December, paid up front. I was told that production is 90 to 120 days. First they overcharged my account by four hundred dollars, but they refunded my money when I pointed out the mistake. No big deal. When I didn't get my first set of pictures, I contacted them to inquire about the status and received the pic the next day, only to find out that the inlays on the neck were wrong. No big deal, right? So another two months goes by with no pictures like was promised. This is four months into this ordeal, so I write them again. I finally got pics of it and it looks right, so the owner of the company tells me it should be completed and shipped within a couple weeks. That was three months ago. They keep telling me "it's shipping this week for sure." Only after I contact them. I finally got an email from UPS today saying that it finally shipped today.

It will be more than seven months when I finally get what I payed for. I will never do business with Blakhart again and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone else either. Plus I found out later that they stole two body designs from KXK guitars.

Tags
blakhart

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode