Blaze-ing - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 05:48 PM

Re: Blaze-ing

Congrats to you, Two Hands. I hope you enjoy it!

And remember, if ya get thems crackly electronics again, all yas needs is some CONTACT CLEANER. Works wonders, m'man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Wolf
Congrats to you, Two Hands. I hope you enjoy it!

And remember, if ya get thems crackly electronics again, all yas needs is some CONTACT CLEANER. Works wonders, m'man.
Yeah, I know. Thing was, there was no crackling that I noticed yet, and the guy cleaned 'em for free while replacing the pickup
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 10:15 AM

Good tech- keep this one.

-D
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
Good tech- keep this one.

-D
I plan on it

Here's the first thing I've recorded with the Blaze. I'm not uber-happy with the tone on it as it was done quickly and roughly, but you get the idea.

http://mia.fanshawec.ca/~vanduynhoven/naive.mp3
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 05:29 PM

listening really quietly at work, but sounds pretty damned heavy, man.

I'd want to hear it on better speakers, but I think roll back the gain a touch, double track it, and get some bass and drums in there, and this could be an absolutely devastating sounding guitar tone... (then again, i go for fairly clean rhythm tracks, as far as "heavy" guitar is, so this is largely personal preference, I'd guess...)

The Blaze is really a pretty sweet bridge pickup, isn't it?

-D
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
listening really quietly at work, but sounds pretty damned heavy, man.

I'd want to hear it on better speakers, but I think roll back the gain a touch, double track it, and get some bass and drums in there, and this could be an absolutely devastating sounding guitar tone... (then again, i go for fairly clean rhythm tracks, as far as "heavy" guitar is, so this is largely personal preference, I'd guess...)

The Blaze is really a pretty sweet bridge pickup, isn't it?

-D
Yeah, the blaze is amazing

And yeah, I usually use less gain too, especially when playing at louder volumes. And this is already double-tracked (Rectified2 hard left, Line6 Insane hard right). This was just something I threw together quick so the rest of my band had something to practise/write to.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Here's another sample of the Schecter with the new Blaze pickup, this time with bass (my Fender Jazz Bass V 5-string, running through my Line6 Flextone II for a change, sounds interesting actually) and drums (midi-programmed, ns_kit7lite).

http://mia.fanshawec.ca/~vanduynhoven/blazedemo.mp3

Last edited by Two hands31; 01-21-2005 at 10:29 PM. Reason: forgot link lol
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 05:30 PM

im diggin that new blaze demo two hands.... is that gonna be in a song for ur band or is that just stuff u keep to yourself
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 05:36 PM

Thats awesome, lovely tone you get there - can tell that the Blaze makes a difference from a standard pickup. Nice riffage too I might add, which is always a good thing!
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan7620
im diggin that new blaze demo two hands.... is that gonna be in a song for ur band or is that just stuff u keep to yourself
Not sure yet, band hasn't heard it yet, but we are getting down to tuning to A now, so who knows Even our drummer, who's not a metalhead like the rest of us, is liking the sound of the 7-string down in A

Tags
air norton , basswood body , bridge pickup , dimarzio blaze , schecter revenger , scooped mids , sounding guitar , string pickup , string pickups , tone zone , versatile pickup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode