Blazer BL 1025 Question - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Blazer BL 1025 Question

I recently aquired a Cayman Green BL 1025 and i think the pickups might have been swapped at some point. The soldering is nasty and there is electrical tape
Im wondering if anyone has this model and could post pics of the original JL/Daisensei pickups/ electronics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 11:37 AM

Re: Blazer BL 1025 Question

I think I have several sets of those pickups in boxes that I pulled out of BL1025s. I don't have pics, but I can try to take some soon.

One thing I know is that they have absolutely no distinguishing markings anywhere on them. I know that because I sold a set to someone a few years back and the buyer just had to trust me about what they were.

You probably know this, but the BL1025 had an unusual wiring scheme where the middle position of the 5-way engages the 2 outer pickups, rather than the middle single alone. Also, the tone pot is push/pull to split the 2 humbuckers. Is yours still working like that?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks stratoskier, that would be a big help. Yes, that's how it was wired when I got it. It took me a few to figure out exactly what the switch positions did. When I opened it up, all the wiring was messed up. Globs of solder on the pots, wires twisted and electrical tape everywhere. There are no markings on these pickups. I think someone swapped the pickups and hopefully put the originals back in before selling. I'm trying to get Ibanez to send me a wiring diagram so I can rewire correctly.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 12:10 PM

Yes, that would be my guess -- someone swapped them out but replaced the originals before selling the guitar.

For the wiring diagram, go to this page:
http://www.guitarelectric.eu/schemat...f.html#schemat

You can pull up the schematics by clicking on either of the 2 little icons to the right of BL1025. I also have copies I can forward if you have trouble.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

You are the man! Just made my day. Thanks!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 08:43 AM

Late to the game here. Also have several pairs of original 1025 PUs laying around. Yell if I can me of any assistance. I'm always curious as to what PUs people end up with these guitars. For me it's all about taking some of the upper mid bite outta that VSV bridge. Love the guitars though.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Hey Stratoskier and guitarspaz, would either of you be willing to sell a set of those JL/Daisensei pickups?

Tags
bl 1025 , blazer , blazer 21 , jl/daisensei , reissue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode