Blues Saraceno Plaid RGZ820R Anyone have one? - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 07:36 PM

Re: Blues Saraceno Plaid RGZ820R Anyone have one?

I tried to talk him into selling me his Saraceno guitar. He almost did it, but came to his senses a bit too early. Found him on the net, with no relations to Jemsite. Funny...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
I tried to talk him into selling me his Saraceno guitar. He almost did it, but came to his senses a bit too early. Found him on the net, with no relations to Jemsite. Funny...
same thing with here with his jpm100p3.

rich
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 06:30 PM

looks like the Scotch Tape logo
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 07:34 PM

did somebody say my name?

interestingly enough, I got my plaid RGZ sans case as well. I wonder if there were any actual Saraceno-specific cases or just generic RGZ cases...
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 11:07 PM

thats the question thats burning me up right now..haha..

and i need my pro-trs replaced...i don't even know if they are being produced today..
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 11:13 PM

Reviews: 1

I personally would love to have one of those! I think the plaid is very cool
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantboy View Post
did somebody say my name?

interestingly enough, I got my plaid RGZ sans case as well. I wonder if there were any actual Saraceno-specific cases or just generic RGZ cases...
hey, man, how's the big apple? at any rate, that kotzen of yours made me end up with a tele of my own. not like i needed any more guitars anyway, but the nerve of some people....

rich
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 06:16 PM

I have one and love it. It has been my main guitar for a number of years.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 12:11 PM

Hey All!

I know this post is just shy of ten years old, but I wanted to announce that I actually have an ENTIRE website dedicated solely to Blues Saraceno gear - INCLUDING my very own, mint-condition "Watermelon Plaid" Yamaha RGZ820R :-)

The guitar comes loaded with Blues' signature PATB-3 Seymour Duncan pickups. That little moniker stands for "Parallel Axis Trembucker", which is derived from the fact that the pickup magnets are actually parallel "bars" that go around the string, as opposed to directly underneath it. In theory, the reduced, direct magnetic interference is supposed to increase sustain. Now, while I'm sure the effect is minimal at best, I will say that these pickups truly deliver.

I am constantly impressed with everything this guitar has to offer. To address some questions above, yes, it is painted as opposed to covered. Only the front bears the Watermelon Plaid effect. The back is a glossy black.

I searched for the guitar for over TEN years - starting when I was 15. This involved checking eBay, and craigslist, every three days for the span of a decade. Patience, perseverance and persistence, that's what life is all about!

For those looking to buy one of their own, just fyi I paid around $900 for it, but I've seen them go for as low as $450 in some places. I wanted this guitar forever, and had spent the years looking simulatneously saving - so who knows, maybe having to wait ten years was a blessing in disguise.

Now, if you're a true Saraceno fan, please allow me to blow your mind by stating that I also have....

One of his ORIGINAL Dirty Boy Amplifiers

Yep, handmade by his father Alex Saraceno (builder of the now-acclaimed Dirty Boy Pedals) on their kitchen table in Ventura, California, the Dirty Boy amp is considered by many to be the single, true holy grail of Blues Saraceno collectors items. I searched for this puppy for over TWELVE years - again, by searching online every three days during that time period.

Fellas, I gotta say, the combination of this guitar and amp is truly breathtaking. The playability on this Yamaha RGZ820R is unmatched by any similar guitar. The neck is wide, but not too wide. Thin, but not too thin. The pickups sing and this amp is truly, truly (I'll repeat, truly) a beast!

Want to see a VIDEO of me jamming out this guitar/amp combo? Care to glance upon some high-res pics of my Yamaha RGZ820R? Feel like checking out my close-up pics of this nasty machine known as the Dirty Boy? Have an urge to see a description and demo of every Dirty Boy pedal currently in production? Then come by my site and check it out! I built PlaidMouth.com for people just like YOU. Well, and like me, too! People that are eager to see, know and learn more about Blues Saraceno gear and collectibles.

Oh yeah, I've also met Blues twice, and had a nice conversation with his father about my Dirty Boy amp (he remembered building the very one I own and everything about it - crazy!) They were both incredibly nice and genuine guys. I also have the stories about meeting them posted on the PlaidMouth, as well.

(note to readers - I would be THRILLED to add your own Saraceno guitars, amps, gear, pictures or stories on the site, just click the "Contact and Upload" link at the top of the site. Also, I also frequently feature these RGZ's for sale whenever the pop up around the country (just because I have one doesn't mean I stopped looking!) In fact, I just facilitated a sale of an RGZ last week! <-$800 closing price. Look forward to seeing you on the site soon!
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 08:51 PM

Reviews: 25

Very cool guitar you have there... Like the website also...
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 08:58 PM

Smile Re: Blues Saraceno Plaid RGZ820R Anyone have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
Very cool guitar you have there... Like the website also...
i agree two thumbs up!
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 12:39 PM

Thanks guys! The guitar is a work of art - the website, a work of passion :-)

Tags
guitar mag , ibanez models , yamaha rgx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode