Bono, the Edge join Fender's Board - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Bono, the Edge join Fender's Board

Not sure why, is preaching about feeding the world going to make Tele's better?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...board/9733761/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 05:45 PM

Re: Bono, the Edge join Fender's Board

Read this yesterday. I get the Edge but I'm guessing Bono just didn't want him to have too long of a leash. I'm willing to wait it out before I pass judgement on the move. Edge has been a longtime Fender guy and he might have some good ideas. Though if production times start to drag out, we will know who to blame for all the delay
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 11:34 PM

Reviews: 6

Great, that's really going to make me buy a Fender, a singer and band who avoid paying taxes in their own country, but whine at everyone else about playing their part and a guitar player who would be lost without delay. Sorry, a little off topic, I like some of their music, but for the life of me I can't imagine a more hypocritical and sanctimonious band. They should stick to making albums and shut up, or pay their taxes and complain, but if you're not paying into the system you can't expect people to take you seriously when you complain about it.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 11:40 PM

RIP Fender.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laobi View Post
Great, that's really going to make me buy a Fender, a singer and band who avoid paying taxes in their own country, but whine at everyone else about playing their part and a guitar player who would be lost without delay. Sorry, a little off topic, I like some of their music, but for the life of me I can't imagine a more hypocritical and sanctimonious band. They should stick to making albums and shut up, or pay their taxes and complain, but if you're not paying into the system you can't expect people to take you seriously when you complain about it.
I don't know how true the tax thingy is, but if it is true, maybe Fender have brought them on board to help the company increase savings in a similar fashion?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 05:38 AM

Reviews: 13

This is funny. 'That's all I have to say about that....'

-Wolfram
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laobi View Post
well put! Most overrated band of all time?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
well put! Most overrated band of all time?
I agree... They did have some good songs. Well written and well produced and all... but when they got "involved" with making the world a better place they lost me. I can't help but think they are just a band and should just make music.

This quote really made me laugh... "He dubbed Fender a "truly American company, a nexus of technology and culture (that) can't be copied no matter how hard the giants try"

Isn't Fender a "giant" already? I don't think they are a small mom and pop guitar company.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Though if production times start to drag out, we will know who to blame for all the delay
Nice

Maybe he pushed them in this direction?
http://www.fender.com/american-design/
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 12:34 PM

Holy cow ... I just spec'd out a $2100 Telecaster that I would be a fool to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
Maybe he pushed them in this direction?
http://www.fender.com/american-design/
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 01:05 PM

As long as they don't screw it up too badly (and of course there are an infinite number of ways they could do that), the presence of the U2 members on the board will bring some star power and musical credibility to a group of people who have lots of influence but little fame. I do agree that the Edge is a much better choice, since he actually plays guitar.

I predict an announcement of a green initiative, a social welfare campaign, or a labor re-alignment within six months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst6 View Post
... I just spec'd out a $2100 Telecaster. . .
After I read your post I built a virtual Telecaster and almost exactly the same guitar, a G & L ASAT Classic on this guitar builder: http://www.americanguitarboutique.net/Guitar_index.html

Fender: $1499
G & L: $1125

Peace

Mike
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikey Mikey View Post

Fender: $1499
G & L: $1125

Peace

Mike
I spec'd one and it was near 2k. On the Fender/G&L thing. I will put G&L build quality on par with Fender production anyday. However, G&L resale value is terrible. Build quality would have me buy a G&L before Fender but in case I don't like it or need to sell it I would buy Fender instead and just play till I find a good one.

Tags
bono , fender , the edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode