Bought a 540 PII !!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

Bought a 540 PII !!!

YES ! I finally found one ! Well, finally... it did not take me that long. I missed out one on "that auction site" in the UK, but less than a week later, another one showed up in Germany.

It arrived today: black, 24 frets , fastest neck I've ever seen, original pickups... Exactly what I wanted. One tuning knob and the pickguard are missing (which I was told beforehand), but that's no problem: the pickguard is already under construction (got hold of a template), and the machineheads will be fixed when my guitar tech performs a quick setup.

Curious: it's made in Japan, not in Bensalem - could it be possible that the 22 fret models (which seem more prevalent) were made in the USA? and the 24 fret ones in Japan

Anyway, watch this space for pictures !! And thanks to Florian, for giving up such a great guitar !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 05:00 AM

GREAT!

i'm glad for you, and congrats for the choice!! i'm a 540P & PII lover!!! you'll never regret!!
let us know when the job has finished!

in the meanwhile, i'm soooo sad: you know guys what's happened? there was that beautiful, lovely, wonderful 540P Triple Coil in alarm-red i guess, it was for just $220 or so, just one bidding 4 hours before the end of the auction.
it's a whole life that i'm waiting for that thing, and you know what's happened? i totally forgot! yeah, i totally forgot! dont ask me how or why, i just forgot.
i hate myself! i'm a s**t! the chance of my life... a few dollars... Triple Coil... and i lost it.

please guys, hate me, insult me, i deserve it big time.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 05:00 AM

Could it be that the neck was replaced?
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno
there was that beautiful, lovely, wonderful 540P Triple Coil in alarm-red i guess, it was for just $220 or so, just one bidding 4 hours before the end of the auction.
Damn ! I missed that one ! Where did you see it ? I have been scanning the known auction sites regularily, I thought... Anyway, I feel really bad for you - then again, they seem to pop up every now and then, so just keep at it !

Ibateur, you have a point as to the replaced neck. I should try and look into it. There's a serial number stamped on it - maybe that could be of use ?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 05:24 AM

24 fret!? Hold on to that one! (unless you want to sell it to me )
Very nice.
Also, my 22 fretter was a made in Japan one. I don't think any of them were made in the USA.(Someone correct me if I'm wrong).
540PIIs-best 6 string ever made,IMHO.

And nuno... come on, man!?
You are forgivin, as long as you still have that sweet yellow one!(that I crave as much as you want the Triple Coil, 5 alarm-red 540P that you missed out on )
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 10:01 AM

MUUUhahahahahaha I am the new owner of that 540Power triple coil!!!!! Sorry couldn`t resist, but don`t stress there will be another someday there always is!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 10:06 AM

MUUHAHAhahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 10:15 AM

Congrats DP glad to see you got your 540PII, and don`t worry Nuno I know who to contact first if I ever sell the 540P !!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Come on Scott, post some pictures !

I am trying to talk Nuno into a small site for the ťlite (the 540 PII owners) - spread the word !
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 10:35 AM

my old PII was MIJ, 24fret, purple metallic, HH, with scratchplate. god knows why I got rid of it.

--c.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 10:43 AM

whats even worse is Clive that you got rid of it for a PGM30 I believe
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 10:47 AM

As soon as I get it in the mail I`ll post, and send you all some pics! Now back to the original thread
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 11:01 AM

sorry, here i am!

guys! you P & PII lovers, i'm gonna do THAT site! i will dedicate it to the most beautiful Ibanez models from the late '80s, you know what i mean.

no, no USRGs, no MCs, or Pamelinas: just the 540 family, the RGs, Prolines, Maxxas etc.
i'm looking for NICE pics of them all, i will put the most stunning pics with the model's hystory, the 'biography', technical details, curiosities etc.
of course any of you who will send me pics, will be credited and thanked big time.

i'm just waiting when i'll finish my first site, and then i will start the 540' site!
come on guys! lets put the 540-lovers family!!!

ps: Scott!!!! i am ENVIOUS!!!! so you are the guy!!! AARRGGHH!!! me moron!!!! send me pics please!!!
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
whats even worse is Clive that you got rid of it for a PGM30 I believe
yep. I'd been out of the loop for ages, and was hardly playing guitar that year. then I saw it on the shop wall, and the only PGMs I knew of at the time were the PGM100 and the PGM300 - never heard of the 30 (this was probably around 1995 or 6...)

px'd the PII for it, and was happily ignorant for a while. I really wasn't into guitar that much at the time, so I was happy enough. then I got back into things and realised that I had a korean made inferior guitar with a f**ken TRS trem.

soon fixed that though...

--c.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 11:38 AM

I think i can even remember whom you sold/traded it with ;-) On which note i must pop into UKMG chat to say hi,not been in there for a week or so

Must admit i really dig the PII's Mmmmm Lovely :-)

Rob

Tags
guitar tech , ibanez models , playing guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode