Breaking the curse! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Breaking the curse!

It's a long story, but beat with me, I think it's worth it!

Back in the days, I had an LTD MG-301 with EMG's, great instrument, Neck trough, Mahogany, great sustain but the neck, well, it was not an ibanez and, if you're here, most likely, you know and love the thin ibanez feel and dig it!

So, I've announced it on classified to trade it against a similar ibanez.

One day, a dude asked me if i'd trade it for an RG570. I tought, well, she's not as pretty but I'll gain a lot on the feeling and playability. So I went for it.

The dude was doing all the road, so he asked for a 20$ for gaz. Well, being somewhat of a nice guy, I tought, why not! Didn't have to move to do the trade!

So, the trade went on, and on further inspection of the instrument, I realized it wasn't an RG570 but the lower model, the RG470... Well, f*ck it... I got screwed on this one... Tryed e-mailing the dude about it, never had any response so, I asume he knew pretty well what he was doing.

The machine had regulare wear and tear, nothing wrong with it, and the neck was still slimmer than my RG350, but not as thin as a RG5XX serie. She still was playing great, but I always felt she had a "curse" of being a relapse of me being screwed.

So, I always needed to trade her, but trading an RG for another similar RG, well, that's an hard trade to make!

Last week I say a nice deal; 300$ (can) for a RGA42FM. I've seen some flying around for 350$ but 300$ in here, it's a nice deal!

So, I went for it, placed my RG470 for 300$ Can, which is, honesly, around here, a pretty decent deal. They go for around 400$ easely. And, I sold her as she was: An RG470MIJ. Didn't take a day to find a buyer.

So, I contacted the buyer, contacted the seller and made the "extended" trade. The buyer was realy pleased of the deal he made, breaking the curse she once had attached! And, since I always keep my instrument pretty well tuned in a controled environment, she was in a nicer state than when I got her.

So, I got to the seller for the RGA, she was in a pretty decent state (she needs a fretboard cleaning but that's about all). The dude gave me a pretty decent jack cable of about 25/30 feets, a softcase and an hercules travel stand.

Played her a while yesterday and I can tell you, I love how she plays!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 10:48 AM

Re: Breaking the curse!

I like the 470 more personally but that RGA is beautiful man Happy NGD!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 11:15 AM

Happy NGD bud... Looks like you made out with a sweet instrument AND you're happy so that's all that matters.... I've been on a hardtail kick lately myself, its good to have diversity
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 01:29 PM

LOL I broke a curse by getting rid of an rg470 myself. I hated that guitar with a passion. Hated it!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 02:23 PM

Congrats man!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Heheh, I'm probably not the only one that got screwed by a f*cker selling a RG470 for an RG570...!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mman View Post
Heheh, I'm probably not the only one that got screwed by a f*cker selling a RG470 for an RG570...!
No you're not man.... Same exact thing happened to me with a 99 MIJ 470. The neck is now attached to a swirled 570 body and makes up one of my favorite guitars now though... The body and hardware are laying around the parts pile somewhere around here...

$200 for a primo playing neck isn't too bad I guess, but it really pissed me off at the time when I opened the package...

Tags
rg rga

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode