Brian Moore Guitars w/Piezo - Recommendations - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Brian Moore Guitars w/Piezo - Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good Brian Moore w/Piezo that won't break the bank?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 11:50 AM

Reviews: 3
Brian Moore Guitars w/Piezo

No.

hehehe...

Whenever I find the cash laying around... I'm going to send my Anderson off to them to have a midi bridge installed... that is costing me $500. *Sheez. *They are a great company, but if you want a guitar on any sort of a budget, I don't think they are the way to go.

I don't know the exact price... but the i8p might be something worth looking into... it seems to be their most affordable piezo job.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

I know that they just started making "affordable" guitars but I'd rather a bottom of the barrel US made!
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 04:15 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

repeat after me...

i will not buy expensive guitars

...glen
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

I will not buy expensive guitars.
I will not buy expensive guitars.
I WILL NOT buy expensive guitars.

It's not working Glen. *Any other recommendations. *Actually, I am seeking a Piezo equipped guitar or even a decent acoustic/electric that isn't overly expensive. *I'd like a 2020x but you don't see many used and $900 + is a bit steep right now (even though there is an S2020 on eBay now under that.) *

The Moores seem alright used (a lot under $900 but I am trying to find out which ones are complete junk), and they have the H-S-H config.

I keep thinking of more questions - do the Moores have the blend between the Piezo and Magnetic or is Parker the only one equipped to do that job?
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 06:08 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

let me ask...

WHY do you feel you need a piezo guitar? all these years without one and now a sudden need? do you have an amp for the piezo, or will you record direct? that said...

48th St has a nicked 2027 for $999... call and bargain them down a few hundred. I forget if it was mannys or samash (both had the axe in stock) but it was there last week... glen
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Glen, you sound like my therapist. *

I've alwyas had an acoustic, but now the kids have beaten it to death. *It's never seen a mic or any type of pickup though. *

I do not even own an amp at this time - I played my last gig about two weeks ago. *I am getting a POD and if and when I do record it will go straight through the POD into the computer.

I could rush right out and buy a 2020 (I don't want a seven string) but I am shopping - taking my time - and if the bug passes, I may not end up with any piezo equipped guitar or electric acoustic. *

But if I do buy I am going to make an informed purchase.

(Edited by kirk at 7:08 pm on July 9, 2001)

(Edited by kirk at 7:12 pm on July 9, 2001)
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 12:41 AM

Kirk,

Brian Moore have an I2000 9p with a piezo pickup, HSH pickups (with real Seymour JB and Alnico Pro IIs), 24 frets, and a non-Floyd tremelo and locking tuners.

The potential downside is that according to the FAQ on www.brianmooreguitars.com, you have to use a Y-cable to get Piezo output on their standard piezo installations. I don't know if this applies to the i2000 series.

The Ibanez double edge guitar can be had for about the same price and have an onboard mixer. The only downside is you need to upgrade the pickups.

FWIW, I just got a greast deal on a BM 9f. It is a really nice guitar for the money.

Now repeat after me ...

... I WILL buy an expensive guitar

Rick
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 02:28 AM

As much as I'd love to see Kirk get a Brian Moore...

Why not just get an acoustic? *You have no amp... so you should save yourself the money and not get one. *

My opinions on the POD aside... a piezo doesn't sound too hot through it. *To be honest... a piezo doesn't sound like much more than a clean pickup in anything but an acoustic amp... that is where it really shines. *Go to a store... play a piezo gutiar through ANY clean amp... then play it through your basic Roland or Fender acoustic amp... you'll notice a HUGE difference, I promise.

So... anyways... I say save yourself all this possible disappointment with potentially bad guitar/amp setups... and just go find a broken in acoustic that you will love. *You know it's out there... that great steel string that is just worn for your hands... you'll want to play it all night...
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

I picked up a nice Ovation, not the top of the line, but nice nonetheless.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 12:42 AM

Good man
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

I did check out a couple of the Moore CXX and an I series. *Huge difference between the Brewster NY ones and the imports. *

Not just in the price either. *:shocked:
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 02:51 AM

Which model Ovation? My last one I strung up with those overly priced Gold plated strings but they made the tone oooooooohhhhh so much better...
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 03:28 AM Thread Starter

Now is the spot where I get shot.....

It's a CSD225 here's a pic

It cost less than the imported Moore and I don't need an amp!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 03:45 AM

Very good, young Skywalker. You have given in to your GAS.

Rick

Tags
acoustic amp , brian moore , double neck , equipped guitar , floyd trem , locking tuners , piezo equipped guitar , piezo pickup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode