The BRMR, is it worth it? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

The BRMR, is it worth it?

Thats a high price on the BRMR. Anyone got any comments on how it plays?
I am considering buying one and I found one for $1700, which sounds like a good deal. I want one more guitar, and this is the one I am considering.

Sorry, ended up in the wrong forum i guess.

Last edited by typedeaf; 01-31-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:50 PM

Re: The BRMR, is it worth it?

I personally love it, and for $1700, that's a great deal. If it were $2200, I would say maybe, but at $1700, definitely get it.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 12:35 AM

Since you posted this in the j-custom forum, I'm going to say 'get a j-custom'. You'll get more guitar for your $1700.

~K

PS: If it were in the Jem forum, i might only think it but i wouldn't say it.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydoe
Since you posted this in the j-custom forum, I'm going to say 'get a j-custom'. You'll get more guitar for your $1700.

~K

PS: If it were in the Jem forum, i might only think it but i wouldn't say it.

I'd agree with the J-custom, but i do have one question:

Where are you finding new J-customs for $1700?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 01:24 AM

well I agree with kenny. get a JC unless you are a real fan of jem. If you don't have any other jem, then the BRMR could be the way to go, but there's always the 7vwh.
JCs just rule, so beatiful and comfortable guitars. I've always wanted one RG7CT...
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 01:25 AM

Definitely a J Custom bro...all the way. If you get a JEM BRMR, firstly its not as beautiful as a J Custom. Secondly, it will be difficult for you to play the guitar as you will leave fingerprint marks every time you touch it. You will spend most of your time polishing it instead. Any scratches, dents and dings will cause the "mirror" body to crack. Even if its a little ding, the effect of it on a mirror body will be great. No more beauty and no more shining. Finally, you end up not playing the guitar at all, cause you are afraid not to damage it.

Last edited by TongueShredder; 02-01-2006 at 09:09 AM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 02:40 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by leppermessiah
I'd agree with the J-custom, but i do have one question:

Where are you finding new J-customs for $1700?
You can get a new J-Custom for approximately $1700 from ishibashi webshop. But shipping and duty will add a bit more to your cost.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 02:50 AM

Get a J-Custom!!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 02:51 AM

Just did the conversion. You're quite right about the price.
I'm paying 200,000 yen (a shade over $1700) for my j-custom 7 string from Ishibashi (shop not web, the saving is negligible through the web and i get to inspect before purchase this way). No idea what the shipping etc would set you back.

However, in the Jems defence, my 7VWH plays every bit as well (i believe better) than the j-customs. Though the j-customs do look the b****cks. The mirror finish puts me right off the BRMR though.

I'd definitely consider the 7VWH over the BRMR (and even over the J-custom 6 strings). I love mine to death, and got it for about $1700 new from Ishibashi.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

I already own 3 777 Jems and a 777 Universe. I wanted one more guitar and am selling off 2 of the older Jems. I was about to snag the BRMR but then I read a thread about how the paint job is notorious for cracking on it. So, I think I am going to either fine me a pre '94 ebony VWH or check out these J-Customs.

Funny thing is, the BRMR has a J Custom logo on the headstock. What is J-Custom? Got some links? BTW, I dont like guitars that look like furniature, so Im not a big fan of Suhr or Anderson or any of those natural finish sunburst transparent flamed maple quilted top guitars. I hope the J-Customs arent like that.

Cheers

PS. Is Team J Craft the same as J Custom?
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 08:39 PM

Wait...the BRMR has a J Custom logo on the headstock? Unless I was terribly misinformed, it should say JEM like all the others...
link or pics?
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

I dont have a way to post the images. They were e-mailed to me. I am positive that on the back of the headstock is "Team J Craft" it has a J Craft case, and all the J Craft phamplets and such. Infact, the case says "Prestige" AND "Team J Craft". Can you please explain the deal with these two...three names. JCustom/Prestige/JCraft
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:21 PM

the real question is, would you pay for it offers? for me, if i had the money, i think i would buy it, but before i bought that i would buy the vwh
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wis Redz of Silvanost
well I agree with kenny. get a JC unless you are a real fan of jem. If you don't have any other jem, then the BRMR could be the way to go, but there's always the 7vwh.
JCs just rule, so beatiful and comfortable guitars. I've always wanted one RG7CT...
The RG7CT was a Prestige and not a JC.

That being said, it shouldn't affect you wanting one anyway ;-)

Type - get a JC IMO
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueShredder
Definitely a J Custom bro...all the way. If you get a JEM BRMR, firstly its not as beautiful as a J Custom. Secondly, it will be difficult for you to play the guitar as you will leave fingerprint marks every time you touch it. You will spend most of your time polishing it instead. Any scratches, dents and dings will cause the "mirror" body to crack. Even if its a little ding, the effect of it on a mirror body will be great. No more beauty and no more shining. Finally, you end up not playing the guitar at all, cause you are afraid not to damage it.

Oh that's a bunch of BS. I own a BRMR and you can play the hell out of it and not leave fingerprints and smudges unless you are gross and never wash your hands. I spend most of my time playing it then I usaully just hang it on the wall without any need for polishing. The BRMR is a lot more durable than you'd think. I can tell you don't own one and are talking out of your ass.

Tags
flamed maple , jem brmr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode