Browsed through the JP forums a little bit... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Browsed through the JP forums a little bit...

And I found that they normally have a dislike for Ibanez guitars, not sure if this is an immature act (cos JP let Ibanez) or a genuine thing? Or I just browsed through too little topics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 02:34 PM

i dunno , on the jackson/charvel forum a lot of guys pick on ibanez but it's often for laughs
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 03:49 PM

People like to down on other guitars to make thier fav's seem better or something. I know a guy who refers to Ibanez as Ibeenhad. Meanwhile he just purchased an Ibanez bass guitar.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 07:06 AM

I bet that when John was using the Ibanez model, all of those people thought that they were the BEST.

If he stops using the Music Man, and goes with another company, they'll probably all start taking THAT companies side saying that the Ball wasn't really all that great anyway.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Well I don't know, I'm just reporting what I saw, it's interesting, I guess...
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 02:07 AM

I've found that a lot of people seem to think Ibanez players only buy the guitars because of their endorsers, and if someone leaves they expect you to stop liking the "Imported crap".
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 04:59 AM

Let's say the JP forum ISN'T littered with Ibanez haters
Marcel Coenen and Magnus Olsson are Ibanez endorsees and even in the catalog with a picture...Ron Thal's Swiss Cheese Guitar was a Blaze strat but he's endorsed by Vigier, who have actually recreated the BBFSCG and'll make 10 of those. Danny Joe Carter plays RG550s, Benl47 plays a PGM on his vids, I myself play a [email protected] of Ibanez guitars but I really disliked the John Petrucci models and stand by it and I will tell everyone who hasn't played one but wants to know. There's a lot of scepticism on the forum about the neck joint cracks on the EBMM JP models, BTW. What is generally thought of Ibanez is that it simply isn't a TOP NOTCH manufacturer like Tom Anderson, Suhr or Vigier, which is logical considering how Ibanez guitars are made. But it gets tedious to repeat the same opinions and knowledge over and over again so then you might get [email protected] nobody's waiting for.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 05:26 AM

Quote:
What is generally thought of Ibanez is that it simply isn't a TOP NOTCH manufacturer like Tom Anderson, Suhr or Vigier, which is logical considering how Ibanez guitars are made.
well thats true for sure, the ibanez production models simply are not the quality of the likes of Tom Anderson, However if you would like an ibanez like that pic up a j-custom, thats all there is to it imo
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 07:34 AM

I stopped going to the JP forum awhile ago when some kids would post these amazing videos of their playing, only to have some a$$clowns rip them apart about sloppy playing and poor vibrato, blah blah.

Nice words of encouragement. This seemed to happen often. Often there's a huge intolerance of different styles of music.

Maybe it's changed since then, but I don't really care to find out.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 03:13 PM

+1 regarding Polaris20's post. It's more of a fan forum than a musician's forum (although there's definitely a lot of talent stopping by). Sadly, to put it bluntly, this also means that the JP forum has a higher share of bigots and trolls than Jemsite, IMHO. I also have the impression that the crowd is a bit younger, and that there's an "inner circle" of long-time visitors who I find less welcoming than the ones at Jemsite. I more or less stopped visiting regularily when one of those "old boys" took real offense on a comment about Eddie Van Halen . Lighten up folks, life's short enough as is.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

For me, I don't see huge problems with the production Ibanez models...
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 09:19 AM

It seems that on the Dream theater website when they had that link on there with special footage which could be accessed with the purchase of TOT. I thought I saw John playing an Ibanez on one of the songs,, it seems like it was a universe. I think it was when he was sitting on a couch with the amp in the other room near the door. I may be wrong it may be other footage from a different time. Did anyone else see that?

~A
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Garrow
It seems that on the Dream theater website when they had that link on there with special footage which could be accessed with the purchase of TOT. I thought I saw John playing an Ibanez on one of the songs,, it seems like it was a universe. I think it was when he was sitting on a couch with the amp in the other room near the door. I may be wrong it may be other footage from a different time. Did anyone else see that?

~A
I doubt that he'll still be playing Ibanez after 1999 though, but in that footage, did he have long hair or short hair?
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 08:39 AM

It was short hair,,, that's what I found to be a bit freaky. I was all footage of the T.O.T album. When I saw it I really didn't think to much about it. I've always associated John with the UV7BK's,,, for somereason it's more his model than it is Steve's. Maybe because he did more video's with it,,,don't know. It just sort of dawned on me a week ago or so, then I read this thread and realized or thought I seen him playing an Ibanez of of recent.

I can't imagine having all them kick ass Ibanez model in my name and then selling them all to go with another mfg'r. Is that required of them or something? Mustaine sold all his Jackson stuff,,, but I assumed that was sort of a protest,,,, he seemed angry with Jackson. But John I can't imagine him angry.

~A
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp15655
+1 regarding Polaris20's post. It's more of a fan forum than a musician's forum (although there's definitely a lot of talent stopping by). Sadly, to put it bluntly, this also means that the JP forum has a higher share of bigots and trolls than Jemsite, IMHO. I also have the impression that the crowd is a bit younger, and that there's an "inner circle" of long-time visitors who I find less welcoming than the ones at Jemsite. I more or less stopped visiting regularily when one of those "old boys" took real offense on a comment about Eddie Van Halen . Lighten up folks, life's short enough as is.
I was on their every day in 2001/2002. I was a regular! But it's not the same. The guys who were regulars I don't think even post there that much any more.

Tags
ebmm jpm , eddie van halen , ernie ball , ibanez bass , ibanez guitars , ibanez jpm , ibanez models , ibanez neck , joe satriani , john petrucci , john petrucci model , magnus olsson , marcel coenen , music store , neck joint , paul gilbert , petrucci model , production model , ron thal , steve vai , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode