BucketHead to ibanez? - will he go.......... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

BucketHead to ibanez? - will he go..........

i was just wondering if u guys think buckethead will go to ibanez now that he is done with Jackson Guitars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 06:28 PM

BucketHead to ibanez?

I'm hoping That would be really cool if he did. *

(Edited by Carlo de Dios at 6:28 pm on July 22, 2001)
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 09:25 PM

BucketHead to ibanez?

When I saw Buckethead live a couple years ago he was playing an old Ibanez flying V. *Seemed the only guitar he played. *I think it's very possible to see Buckethead go to Ibanez. *Especially if his GnR thing works out.

Gabe
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 07:26 AM

BucketHead to ibanez?

From what I know, Jackson made him a longer scale guitar than usual because "He's tall" according to the place I read it. *So, I'm sure, Ibanez would make him a cool guitar if he wants with their recent release of the XL series.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
BucketHead to ibanez?

I know I'm verging into player personalities etc with this post but... What is the outlook on the GnR thing at the moment... They were one of my fave bands for ages till they disolved *a while back

(Edited by jono at 12:08 pm on July 23, 2001)
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 05:15 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
BucketHead to ibanez?

i don't like calling Axle's band GnR w/o Slash ...glen
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 08:11 PM

Reviews: 5
BucketHead to ibanez?

calling Axl and friends GnR is like calling Coverdale Page Led Zeppelin.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 10:36 PM

BucketHead to ibanez?

Aside from everyone (or lots of people) being GnR fans (I'm not one of them) I'm not slamming GnR when I say this but...

Buckethead will be wasting his talent in GnR imo. Unless he still manages to pump out solo records, he'll be wasting all that wonderful, cooky talent he has.

Kind of a shame.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 09:43 AM

BucketHead to ibanez?

Quote:
Quote: from jeffrey on 11:36 pm on July 23, 2001
he'll be wasting all that wonderful, cooky talent he has.
You're hanging around Kevan too much! *

Gabe
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

BucketHead to ibanez?

he's half-alive, he's half dead, folks just call him buckethead!

anyone buy into the vai=buckethead rumor?

if buckethead goes ibanez, ibanez will have all the mega-shredders IMHO. Ibanez flying v xl, whoa that would be cool.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 09:19 PM

BucketHead to ibanez?

Quote:
anyone buy into the vai=buckethead rumor?
How about the Paul Gilbert = Buckethead rumor?
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 06:31 AM

BucketHead to ibanez?

I to have trouble imagining buckethead in G'n'R's, what the hell does paradise city sound like a la buckethead ?

I love the way he plays, but i think it is best suited to his own stuff, i could be wrong that is just how i think.
I think slash was a very 'defining' member of G'n'R i think his playing on appetite for destruction is fantstic it is one of the albums that made me want to play guitar.

Doea anyone know what gear he uses ? i Know about the flying V and (i thik) a charvel mark 3, i've also heard of a Boss SE-50 (or70) fx module , but i dont know about anything else.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-2001, 06:11 PM

BucketHead to ibanez?

Quote:
Quote: from oooo on 2:19 am on July 29, 2001
How about the Paul Gilbert = Buckethead rumor?
Nah, he's too tall even to be Vai. The guy's huge, even for a man with a chicken bucket on his head.

Godzilla = Buckethead, that's a rumour I can buy.

And I think that the current lineup of GN'R is likely to sound like what it is: a bunch of extremely proficient rock/metal/session guys with Axl Rose singing. The magic of that band was the Slash/Izzy guitar dynamic that echoed Joe Perry/Brad Whitford or Mick Taylor/Keith Richards, but with a huge dash of gutter-punk attitude.

Still, I don't care. They can't take "Appetite For Destruction" away, and that's all the Guns I'll ever need.

(Edited by mecca777 at 11:15 pm on Aug. 1, 2001)
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2001, 06:31 PM

BucketHead to ibanez?

The little VH-1 clips I saw with Buckethead playing with Axl showed him playing I believe it was *"Sweet Child O' Mine", note for note. Whatever it was, I know it was note for note...

I didn't even know Buckethead left Jackson....kinda hard to see him without the Flying V he's been using for a while now...that guitar rocked! (Only thing I considered getting from Jackson was an exact Buckethead replica)

Buckethead's gear has stayed relatively the same-
ESP M-II
Various Jackson's
Peavy 5150 half-stack
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
One of those Boomerang units (It was great live)
Alesis Quadraverb GT

Of course he uses some different effects here and there, but that pretty much sums it up...there's a gear list on his website (www.bucketheadland.com), it's in the FAQ I believe.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-03-2001, 04:03 PM

BucketHead to ibanez?

For all those that don't actually know, Buckethead is a guy named Brian, from LA....can't remember the last name....but as for the Paul Gilbert reference, he DID study with Paul Gilbert for quite some time, explaining his Gilbert-influenced style....I don't remember what site I saw this on, but it was some Buckethead fan site, with an explanation from BH about his mysterious origins....and I agree with those who say G N' R will never be the same....they should be called "The Axl 5"

Tags
alesis quadraverb , beautiful guitar , dual recto , jackson guitars , joe perry , keith richards , paul gilbert

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode