To buy or not? Ibanez rg 550 20th anniversary - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

To buy or not? Ibanez rg 550 20th anniversary

Guys I think I'm slowly getting addicted to ibanez guitars. I already own 2 RGs; 320 pg and 350dx . I love their necks and and in terms of looks especially their old 80s early 90s stuff. I saw this ad online of someone selling an ibanez rg 550 20th anniversary. Do you guys think it's a reasonable deal? Any suggestions? Is it too pricy? Are these rare to find?

Ibanez RG 550 20th Anniversary Edition
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitar/city-o...nt=app_android

Price: $*1,000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 07:52 PM

RG550s are awesome guitars, and they're offered in some highly desirable colors. Now, whether or not $1K is a bad deal is kind of subjective. Here's why: the RG550 reissue is essentially an RG1550 (sells around $600-$1000) with the old school RG550 colors. So, you can snag the "same" (essentially) guitar for less. It's just, the reissue colors call a higher price. I would pay $1K if I REALLY wanted the desert yellow and the guitar was in great shape. This is only because I know I can get the same guitar (like an RG1550/70 or equivalent) for much less than $1K. That guitar appears to be in really good shape, and if you really like the color and are okay with knowing that you could have a guitar that plays the exact same and of the same quality for much less, but in a much "less-cool" color, get it. *End run-on sentence*
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 07:24 AM

Re: To buy or not? Ibanez rg 550 20th anniversary

I've owned three of the 20th reissue 550s. Great guitars. I've never paid more than $750 US for one, and they were all in great condition. That being said, they're getting less common to find. At the end of the day, if it's calling your name and you're looking for a keeper, it's not a ludicrous price. Though for that cash you could likely find a very nice example of an original RFR, which I definitely prefer.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 02:47 AM

Re: To buy or not? Ibanez rg 550 20th anniversary

I got an RFR Genesis with Gravity Storm set. The square heel sucks by the way, but hey, it's 550...a legend, right? By the way it's pretty pricey without a hardcase and V1/V2 pickups (no Dimarzios).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode