Buying from France, shipping to UK... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Dee

Buying from France, shipping to UK...

Anyone know if I would be taxed or have some kind of customs charge when buying from France? I have seen a bass I want and it's much cheaper buying from Woodbrass.com which I believe is based in France. VAT is included in the price, so I'm just wondering about any other costs I might incur.

Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 11:00 AM

Re: Buying from France, shipping to UK...

As far I know, no. Anything within Europe you wont be taxed for. So you should be alright. The shipping shouldn't be too bad either. But I'm only 90% sure. I'm sure someone here knows for definite though.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 11:02 AM

No, no extra taxes or duties.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Dee

That's great. Godfather, the shipping is free when spending over 139 Euros. So that's that, I'll buy from Woodbrass.com

Cheers.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 06:34 PM

Yep!

Japan should join the UE.

We could then get J Custom free of import duties!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 02:24 AM

I'm getting a 10th from Jeapson, and at first I said yeh great deal, then I started worrying about customs charges on top £2200, but Jeapson informed me that all of Europe are in the same community market so we don't have to pay any tax at all
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 02:26 AM

True. I sold a few while I was in Germany to the UK and there were no extra charges. I also bought one from France (Jeapson) and it was the same deal. From EU country to EU country, it's all good
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 09:18 AM

Dee not too sure, but if there are differences in VAT rates wouldn't you have to make these up? I'm sure these aren't standardised across the EU.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Dee

Well there's a pic on the website and it says "19.6% tax included" with a union jack next to it. Our VAT over here is 17.5%. The saving I make on the bass itself is about £100, so no worries.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 09:25 AM

As others have said, there's no VAT within the EU member countries. Shame we have to pay it when importing from everywhere else.
What gets me though is that not only are we paying way more than our American friends, but a lot more than other Europeans as well!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurj View Post
As others have said, there's no VAT within the EU member countries. Shame we have to pay it when importing from everywhere else.
What gets me though is that not only are we paying way more than our American friends, but a lot more than other Europeans as well!
But less than lucky South Africans, Aussies and New Zealanders. Shipping here would buy another of the same model and a matching amp!

Such is life.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode