Buying Ibanez in Japan - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Buying Ibanez in Japan

I had a hard time categorizing this question so that I might post it in the right forum, so forgive me if I did in the wrong forum.

I have a brother in-law who works in Japan and he is visiting the US and asked me if I wanted anything from there. I was wondering what y'all's recommendations are regarding whether or not I should ask him to bring me an Ibanez from there. Are they significantly cheaper? If so, what recommendations to you have as to what I should get?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 03:30 PM

Re: Buying Ibanez in Japan

Hmmmmm..... J Custom comes to mind! RG8470, 8270, customized JEMS with sustainers already installed and Buzz Feiten tuning systems..... man, the list can go on! They still have RG20051's hanging around brand new.

Last edited by jemplayer55; 06-08-2006 at 03:54 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 03:57 PM

Are you only after Ibanez? If not, then what bout the ESP Edwards range of guitars? - there are some VERY cool models available for Japan only.

~M
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 06:22 PM

RG8270 or RG8470 if you have enough for one. Don't pass up a chance to buy a J custom without paying shipping.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 10:13 PM

Unless it's a model you can't get stateside, it may not be worth it.

A new 7VWH in Japan cost like 220,000yen with sales tax which works out to be about $1960. Online the price often with free shipping is $2099 with warranty and I've seen them discounted well below that in shops.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 10:30 PM

Go get J custom there!!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemplayer55
Hmmmmm..... J Custom comes to mind! RG8470, 8270, customized JEMS with sustainers already installed and Buzz Feiten tuning systems..... man, the list can go on! They still have RG20051's hanging around brand new.
That's just about exactly what I plan to do to my DBK

Buzz Feiten tuning system, Sustainer, maybe a mirror pickguard with a vine cutout like they've got on e*ay...

I'd also really like to put a Vine-inlay neck on it, but 7VWH necks go for $650 apiece and Warmoth/no one else I know of will do it for me :X

Tags
buzz feiten , buzz feiten tuning system , feiten tuning system , tuning system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode