calling any and all dean fans , something HUGE - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

calling any and all dean fans , something HUGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Z
Hey All –
It has been quite some time since I posted here.
Cannot express how busy we have been here at Dean Guitars.

Well, I have to tell you ...this week will be Dean’s 30th Anniversary NAMM show.
Hard to believe, I still feel like the kid I was when I started making guitars in my mother’s basement.
Even harder to believe, the ML is now 30 years old. It has really stood the test of time - thank you Darrell.

We at Dean thought …no better way to celebrate than to broadcast the NAMM Show LIVE to all you Dean Fans.
You are the ones that make us the success that we are …and trying to be somewhat humble, Deans are now in just about every major music store in the USA and sold in over 50 countries.

I am writing to invite you to participate in the LIVE FROM NAMM webcast. It promises to be extremely exciting!
This will be no small event …our LIVE FROM NAMM broadcast is being promoted by our Dean distributors in over 50 countries.

In addition to the Rockstars, we have the hottest line up of Dean Girls in years …and it is the “Dean Girls” that will be hosting the broadcast.

Speaking of Rockstars, we will have Michael Schenker and Rudolf Schenker, Leslie West, Rik Emmett of Triumph and Kerry Livgren of Kansas as official artists …having some of “Rock’s Royalty” (Schenkers and Leslie West) on hand, you can be assured EVERY Rockstar at NAMM will be hanging at the Dean Booth. The Dean Girls will stop at nothing to get them on camera for you. This is going to be LIVE and UNCENSORED ….you never know what will happen!

In addition, we will introduce you to almost 40 new Dean models at this show. Many of them, guitars you have been asking for the past few years. We are extremely proud of the new Dean line-up for 2007 - our 30th Anniversary!

Plus, there is our special announcement on Friday. We want you all to be a part of this historic event as it unfolds live on camera.

Please tune in Friday morning …tell your friends …as this LIVE FROM NAMM event is for YOU!

Hope to see you there!!!
Kindest Regards
Dean B. Zelinsky

40 new models , and a live webcast of all the fine dean girls and new stuff .

looks to be big , and i'd be willing to be that there are some high end maple fretboard guitars , and some 24 fretters .

be sure to tune in

http://www.deanguitars.com/webcast/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 02:40 PM

Re: calling any and all dean fans , something HUGE

Quote:
Live and uncensored....You never know what will happen

Truely the cry of the desparate for attention.

Great, a whole new line up of $300 Korean guitars, can't wait.
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post

LOL...cold, but funny.
post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 02:50 PM

I shouldnt bust Dean's balls too much, he's a hell of a guy. My tech used to work at Dean back in the 80's and he still hangs out with Dean sometimes. I needed some hardware for a project and I couldnt find what I needed and was going crazy looking for it. Dean, himself actually gave the guy the parts I needed so I could finish my project. I really want to like his guitars, but I just can't.
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Truely the cry of the desparate for attention.

actaully probably not . dean has switched to the same chinese factory that i belive is producing the ibanez artcore line , i know it is the same factory fernaders guitars is using . fernandes may only be known for the sustainer but pick up one of thier cheap guitars from china , they are surprsingly nice . I also think that LTD uses the same factory , and i played a few chinese made LTDs and damn they were actaully pretty damn nice as well .

anyways, we'll see what they have to offer, i really hope your not right that'd just suck but you may be .
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 03:15 PM

Let's hope they don't continue to pic the bones of Dimebag any further! I can't take another Dime product. If only he got this recognition when he was alive to enjoy it.
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 03:26 PM

The announcment is Mustaine, I think it was on Blabbermouth before.
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:

It's worse than that cid!

Idk if you've checked the Dean line-up lately...

But I think $1200 Korean guitars that still use cheap trems and crap pick-ups would better sum it up.

I want to like them too, but they charge heinous prices for imports that are meant to be lower quality - and their higher end US stuff is $3000 street price? NO thanks Dean.
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow Swordsman View Post
It's worse than that cid!

Idk if you've checked the Dean line-up lately...

But I think $1200 Korean guitars that still use cheap trems and crap pick-ups would better sum it up.

I want to like them too, but they charge heinous prices for imports that are meant to be lower quality - and their higher end US stuff is $3000 street price? NO thanks Dean.
what are you talking about ? the razorback is the most expensive import which maps at 1099 and you can get them cheaper then that if you know who to deal with . It comes with a seymour duncan dimebucker and upgraded dean neck pickup as well as a floyd that rivals the original version . the next most expensive is the DFH/CFH which comes with a bill lawerence 500xl bridge pickup and upgraded dean neck pickup and the kick ass floyd , both also come with the american V-neck profile , and an a full american inspection and setup plus map includes the case .

high yeah , but it the quality on them are every bit as good as a japanese ibanez , yeah i said it and i truely belive it .

just wondering but have you played the dfh/cfh or razorback ? the v-neck isn't for everyone but they are very nice .

and yes mustardstain is signing with dean .

as far as USA prices go , i can't agree with you more , and majority of the people on the dean forums agree as well . USA prices are WAY too high , WAY WAY too high. The re-sale on them is poo though , you can pickup a damn nice american made dean on fleabay form 800-1400 and at that price range they are totally worth it , i know i'd buy a used american made dean over any new or used gibson .
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerx2k View Post
Let's hope they don't continue to pic the bones of Dimebag any further! I can't take another Dime product. If only he got this recognition when he was alive to enjoy it.
ya, that's really starting to piss me off
post #11 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arledge View Post
what are you talking about ? the razorback is the most expensive import which maps at 1099 and you can get them cheaper then that if you know who to deal with . It comes with a seymour duncan dimebucker and upgraded dean neck pickup as well as a floyd that rivals the original version . the next most expensive is the DFH/CFH which comes with a bill lawerence 500xl bridge pickup and upgraded dean neck pickup and the kick ass floyd , both also come with the american V-neck profile , and an a full american inspection and setup plus map includes the case .

high yeah , but it the quality on them are every bit as good as a japanese ibanez , yeah i said it and i truely belive it .

just wondering but have you played the dfh/cfh or razorback ? the v-neck isn't for everyone but they are very nice .

as far as USA prices go , i can't agree with you more , and majority of the people on the dean forums agree as well . USA prices are WAY too high , WAY WAY too high. The re-sale on them is poo though , you can pickup a damn nice american made dean on fleabay form 800-1400 and at that price range they are totally worth it , i know i'd buy a used american made dean over any new or used gibson .
Maybe it was poorly set up, but I KNOW I didn't like the trems.

I've played a Korean Hardtail Dean (A guy that bought one let me play it) and it was good but the painted neck wasn't for me, one of the $300 Dime ML ones (played well, but the dot inlay sank in quite a bit), a few Korean Razorback's and a few Dime Dean ML's with the Floyd.

Maybe the neck just wasn't for me, and I have been known to dis-like Seymour pups. But I DO know that when I pay $1100 for an import, I would like it to have an OFR if that's what they use on the high end models...none of them stayed in tune and they SEEMED set up well. Especially when the Edge Pro's and OFR's on the Ibanez's and Jackson's stayed in tune fine (and I'm not even known to LIKE Jacksons) that were in the same store.

For $750 or so, an imported Razorback would be an appropriate price (but I still wouldn't buy it because the body kept jabbing me sitting down), but for $1100-1200 street, no thanks...
post #12 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Maybe it was poorly set up, but I KNOW I didn't like the trems.

But I DO know that when I pay $1100 for an import, I would like it to have an OFR if that's what they use on the high end models...none of them stayed in tune and they SEEMED set up well. Especially when the Edge Pro's and OFR's on the Ibanez's and Jackson's stayed in tune fine (and I'm not even known to LIKE Jacksons) that were in the same store.
I think (don't quote me) the trems are the Schaller Floyd Rose which in undoubtedly a great trem. Schaller makes the original and produces a model of there own which is equal and sometimes better depending on who you talk to.
post #13 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontalonis View Post
I think (don't quote me) the trems are the Schaller Floyd Rose which in undoubtedly a great trem. Schaller makes the original and produces a model of there own which is equal and sometimes better depending on who you talk to.
I'm aware that a Schaller is a very good bridge...

However I'm pretty sure they aren't.

If they ARE then it must have been the setup as I'm aware they are good trems.

On the site is just says "Licensed Floyd Rose"...I would think that if they said Schaller Floyd Rose trem it would have a greater marketing affect...as well I can't find any reviews that mention it's a Schaller and not just any licensed trem.

This leads me to believe that they aren't, though wrong I could be.
post #14 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 04:21 PM

Reviews: 10
Thumbs up Re: calling any and all dean fans , something HUGE

I own a Michael Schenker Dean Flying V!!! and I think it is awesome!!!
it plays really well and it stays in tune!!! even when doing crazy Schenker pyrotechnics of headstock bending!!! so I have no idea why all the hatred...???
In my playing experience they have proved to be very good guitars!!!
post #15 of 84 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I'm aware that a Schaller is a very good bridge...

However I'm pretty sure they aren't.

If they ARE then it must have been the setup as I'm aware they are good trems.

On the site is just says "Licensed Floyd Rose"...I would think that if they said Schaller Floyd Rose trem it would have a greater marketing affect...as well I can't find any reviews that mention it's a Schaller and not just any licensed trem.

This leads me to believe that they aren't, though wrong I could be.
I'm starting to agree with you. Here's a pic from a dealer who put one up on our favorite auction site!

As you can see, unlike the schaller bridge, this ones left knife edge is completely straight and not curved around the stud. This leads me to believe it is an asian made, lower quality trem.

Tags
angelo batio , bridge pickup , dave mustaine , dot inlay , floating bridges , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , guitar players , guitar playing , jackson guitars , korean guitar , maple fret , maple fretboard , matic bridge , michael angelo batio , michael schenker , music store , neck pickup , rusty cooley , schaller floyd rose , scott ian , seymour duncan , super strat , white lion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode