Calling dean guitar fans and maple neck lovers - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Calling dean guitar fans and maple neck lovers

well i havn't been around this forum much , i recent recived a dean razorback which has converted me to deans .

the cool thing about the dean forums is that you can create limited run guitars as long as you have 12 or 13 people commited to buying (requires a 100$ refundable deposit ).

So i am trying to get a dean made with a maple fretboard and V-neck . The same style neck found on the US made deans .

i am waiting on word back from the dealer who is going to contact dean HQ and see if maple fret boards would be an option .

This limited run would i belive be the first limited run with a maple neck and there would only be as many made as there was people who make a deposite . So it would be a collectors item , sort of a Korean custom .

i think we are leaning toward a hardtail with a wilks trem, but that isn't set in stone .

If you are interested Pm me , as far as pricing goes i would think it would be from 800-950 shipped with case but that isn't final either considering that dean hasn't done much with maple fretboards .

http://www.deanguitars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20149

thanks
jordan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 12:03 PM

Re: Calling dean guitar fans and maple neck lovers

Hey I didn't know that this was possible with Dean, cool .

Regards

André

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 02:43 PM

That is incredibly cool! Neato burrito, dude. If it turns out to be a HardTail model, I'd be interested. Woo!

~M
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

cool that makes 4 people that would be interested in a hardtail . Havn't gotten word back from the dealer yet .
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 09:16 AM

Come on, we gotta get this happening with Ibanez!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant1981
Come on, we gotta get this happening with Ibanez!

i am sure that if someone would compile and organized list with people willing to buy an ibanez with a maple fretboard that ibanez would do it . i belive it would be more of a question of how many people would ibanez need in order to justify normal production .

I think the best way to see if there is a large market for the maple fretboard would to have a limited run ibanez with it and see how quickly they sell . If they sell well i seriously think that ibanez would start with maple fretboards again.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arledge
i am sure that if someone would compile and organized list with people willing to buy an ibanez with a maple fretboard that ibanez would do it . i belive it would be more of a question of how many people would ibanez need in order to justify normal production .

I think the best way to see if there is a large market for the maple fretboard would to have a limited run ibanez with it and see how quickly they sell . If they sell well i seriously think that ibanez would start with maple fretboards again.
Do search on the forum. Rich has mentioned you can do this, but you need 25 or maybe it was 50 (PAYING!) customers.

Regards

André

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
Do search on the forum. Rich has mentioned you can do this, but you need 25 or maybe it was 50 (PAYING!) customers.

Regards

André
Make a note, lets start making a note, a list. My hand is up definatly, I'd buy one, of course we all need to agree on a design. But we'd definatly get a real rare prestige model, different colour pickups and everything! Yay!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 04:25 PM

AFAIK, you need 20 people to pay in full, in advance, before they will consider making it happen. 12 or 13 seems feasible, but 20? Possible, I suppose.

~M

EDIT: Just had an idea - how bout a tricked out 'Jemsite' RG550? Might be popular.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 04:45 PM

Tricked out?
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 05:11 PM

Like, I dunno... instead of having 'Ibanez JEM on the headstock, how bout, Ibanez JEMsite, pyramid inlays, etc, etc. Might be some issue with this though. Dunno if steve vai holds the right to that design.

~M
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

your high-jacking my thread . seriously i think you guys could have a shot for doing this with ibanez but it will more then likely cost a pretty penny because to my knowledge they havn't done somthing like this before , i know they have had limited edition guitars but not limited edition made by the customer for the customer type thing.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 05:41 PM

LOL sorry! I was gonna suggest starting a new thread if something takes off.

Ibanez have done this before - I believe they did a few RG models for Guitar Centre.

~M
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 05:51 PM

Na, just Ibanez on the headstock.

We just love hijacking threads, I was just saying to Mylo, as we were pulling our hoods up and getting our screwdrivers and knifes out, how much fun it is lol.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 06:02 PM

Don't forget the crowbar and wrench. Yer basic hi-jackin' tools, sonny!

*sings* Get'cha hands offa my thread you mutha fucckaaah!

On a more serious note, is there any more progress with the Dean? I tried to post there, but my registration hasn't been approved yet. Bogus, dude.

~M

Tags
fret board , ibanez jem , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode