Came across interesting RG770(?) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Came across interesting RG770(?)

Came across what the seller is claiming to be an RG770. The finish is a flamed cherry sunburst. Has the 770 ever been produced in this color? Looks like the Jackson SL1 cherry sunburst.

Has any RG ever been produced in this color? The neck is bound and has sharkfin inlays and the headstock is black. It appears to have an edge bridge too. Did all 770's have matching headstocks?

Asking price was $249 which I think is a real bargain if it is 770. What d'ya think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 04:44 PM

Re: Came across interesting RG770(?)

CS was only available in 1990. Check the neck joint; is it old school? There are no 770's with the AANJ. And $249 is a steal for that guitar if it's in nice shape, and there aren't any cracks behind the locking nut.

jim
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 06:16 PM

Definately a steal if it's a RG770.

Regards

André

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 10:18 PM

$249? I paid for $350 for my RG770, the one with a rosewood board. I like it very much, 'cause it's got Tone Zones in it. You really should get it at that price, man. ;D
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 11:58 PM

Hey Guitarob,I cant believe you posted this thread.I just came on here to look up information on what i think is the same rg770 (i already purchased it) if it's the one at Daddy's music.I pick it up tommorow,(got it half paid off).I was wondering the same thing,I had seen a thread somewhere else mentioning that 770's usually have the same color headstock as the body.My question is basically just that.Does anybody know if the cherry sunburst had a black headstock?...I figured this 770 might have the black headstock because of the sunburst finish,sure looks looks like a 770.Does anybody know for sure if the headstock should be the same color on this model (cherry sunburst)?.....Any help would be appreciated.I'm going to pick it up tomorrow or thurs,and i'd like to be sure 1st......is there any other sure way i can tell?.....P.s. if anybody is interested in identifying it.You can go to the Daddy's Junky music site,look under used ibanez guitars,find the listing for the rg770 and there is a pic of it
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 02:15 AM

Yes, the RG770FM has a black headstock. Check out the 1990 Ibanez catalog. That's a great buy for $249! --Jason
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkahrs
Yes, the RG770FM has a black headstock. Check out the 1990 Ibanez catalog. That's a great buy for $249! --Jason
Thanks Jason for the info,you have been an enormous help......i'm going down this afternoon to pick it up.The pics look like it is in good shape,and the store also describes it as good condition,so i'm pretty psyched!........p.s. where do i find the '90 Ibanez catalog?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 08:07 AM

Ok,I found the catalog.That's the one.when i go down to pick it up today,Ill keep you posted on exactly what shape it's in etc... (Dyin to see what shape the frets are in).$250 is a pretty good deal on this one thats for sure!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Hey sitamoia, that's exactly the guitar I was looking at. When I called about it they said it was on layaway and being shipped to the Shrewsbury store.

I guess I waited too long and you got it! Good luck with it. You can't go wrong at that price. Post some pics when you get it.

Check out the 1990 catalog at Rich's site:
http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1990/index.htm
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 08:21 AM

K, I picked the guitar up.A brief review of it is..........It is definately far from new.Body has it's share of nicks ,dents, chips, etc.The neck is in good shape apart from fretwear (plenty of fret left though,gonna have em' levelled and crowned).few parts of the Floyd Rose could use replacing (stripped etc).I will say this is the 1st 770 ive played,Ive had Jems and a PGM,the 1st thing I noticed when I plugged it in was how good the pickups sound.For stock pickups in a guitar I was like WOW!.....then i found out they are made by Dimarzio so that answered that.The guitar was worth the $250 thay were asking but not much more.....with a little TLC(fret level maybe replace a fw floyd parts),this will be a very good player.I'm playing it right now as I'm writing this and it plays and sounds great........just shows it's age thats all,Its actually nice to have a guitar you dont have to be so cautious or careful about scratching it and denting it etc,and w/ daughter and a houseful of animals at least this is one i dont have to worry about.

Tags
black headstock , edge bridge , floyd rose , fret level , ibanez catalog , ibanez guitars , locking nut , neck joint , rosewood board , sharkfin inlays , sunburst finish , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode