Can anyone give me some info on RG570CTs? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Can anyone give me some info on RG570CTs?

I've seen these mentioned in a few threads as RG570s with alder bodies and flame or photo flame tops. Can anyone tell me what years these were available, whether they were Japanese or US, etc? I've never seen or heard of them before and I've been an RG freak for quite a while. I've often lamented the fact that RGs were not available in alder as basswood is an absolutely awful tone wood. Humbuckers sound passable but single coils sound terrible. I've been having alder bodies made by my tech to fit some of my ibanez necks so I could get the tone I want with the necks I love but its not cheap. Are these super rare or do they come up for sale very often? What do they usually sell for? Anyone have one for sale? Any info is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 09:49 AM

The 570CTs were made in Japan, like all RG5xxes and above, in 1993-4(?). They are alder bodied with a photoflame top, AANJ, pao ferro fretboards, direct mounted pickps, and gold hardware.

They come up on eBay quite often. Be careful not to confuse them with the 570FMs which had basswood bodies and true maple tops. Easy enough, since the FMs have pickup mounting rings. They sell for average RG prices.

Good luck in your search, they're awesome guitars.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 10:24 AM

I believe that the CT's were available in transparent amber (CTAM) and blue (CTTB?).

The only FM's (basswood) I've seen so far were in transparent red.

--B
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 11:33 PM

I bid on an amber one about a month ago on eBay. But when I found out it wasn't a real flame top I was sweating it,I didn't want it and I only lost by one bid for $5. I also read somewhere it has 6105's and not jumbos.

Tags
alder bodied , alder bodies , basswood bodies , ibanez neck , ibanez necks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode