Can you identify this one?? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Can you identify this one??

I have been looking for picture, information and everythig related but cannot find the same model anywhere.
It could be a Rg547, but the trem is LO-Pro Edge and not Edge, and also has only two pickups.
Look at the pictures and try to say which model is.
Thanks

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/10.../Imagen024.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/10.../Imagen036.jpg

Last edited by Freakerman; 11-06-2009 at 09:06 AM. Reason: wrong link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 09:43 AM

Re: Can you identify this one??

That neck pickup looks mega weird. Sure this isn't a fake?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 09:54 AM

what looks weird about the neck pickup...?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:13 AM

Couldn't find a serial on it?

Anyway: It sure looks like an RG547 and, considering the very not standard ash body, the V7/V8 configuration (direct mount, no pickup rings), gold hardware and neck, my guesses are it's an RG542AH which was a 1996 limited edition model. One thing that doesn't fit is the tremolo (should also have been an 'original' Edge on this one) but it wouldn't be the first guitar with a tremolo replacement. Other thing is the finish: the RG542AH wasn't available in a NT finish (according to the catalogs), but it could be stripped, it doesn't really look 'Ibanez factory natural' in the pics.

Last edited by Brambram; 11-06-2009 at 10:33 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

A couple things. Of course the pickup looks weird. It's an old guitar in a second hand shop priced 190€. The body looks to have been sanded. There is no laquer. no kind of finish. The tremolo, personally I don't think it could have been replaced because the lo-pro wouldn't fit the original edge cavity(not sure about this). It has a little issue in the neck joint. I mean, it seems that the holes in the neck are a bit loose and the necks moves a little bit if you push, but I think I woulb be easy to solve.
What do you think? May I buy it for 190€???
Thankkkks

Last edited by Freakerman; 11-06-2009 at 10:46 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakerman View Post
A couple things. Of course the pickup looks weird. It's an old guitar in a second hand shop priced 190€. The body looks to have been sanded. There is no laquer. no kind of finish. The tremolo, personally I don't think it could have been replaced because the lo-pro wouldn't fit the original edge cavity(not sure about this). It has a little issue in the neck joint. I mean, it seems that the holes in the neck are a bit loose and the necks moves a little bit if you push, but I think I woulb be easy to solve.
What do you think? May I buy it for 190€???
Thankkkks
Well, for the record: the Lo Pro Edge and original Edge are fully interchangeable. That said it could as well have been equipped with a Lo Pro Edge originally and the catalog could be wrong (although it is pictured with an Edge in it), weirder stuff happens at Ibanez. I already thought it was stripped, so that probably is correct.

Be sure to check the neck. It could easily be the neck screws, the shop owner should be able to tighten them before you buy it I guess. If it's OK, 190 EUR isn't lot of money for such a guitar.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Bufff in the shop they don't know anything about what thay have. It's a cash converter. I tried to tighten the screws but the neck was still loose. A bit less but not perfect. I think it is quite easy to solve it, in the worst case filling the holes with wood filler and re-opening them. Anyway I think I could have the guitar a few days at home and see what really happens. In case I don't like it, have my money back. I think it can be a good deal.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

No other opinion about the exact model?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 12:18 AM

Looks like a fine guitar, especialy for the price. A nice set of pickups and you have a super nice guitar!! I'd grab it if I were you.
Something that might help identify it is the first digits of the serial number. (Fxx) This would tell us the year this was made, so you could look at specific years catalogs. It could be a Japan only model... A great rare find in my opinion.

Tags
ash , lo-pro , rg547

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode