Can you tell me what this brand is ? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Smile Can you tell me what this brand is ?

Hello,

I was looking a video demo of some effects and saw this guitar but couldn't understand the name of the brand. Can you help me to find more info on it ?

The forum doesn't allowed me to post links so it just the demo of the Tortuga Chorus called the Martini. The video is on youtube.
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 01:06 PM

Re: Can you tell me what this brand is ?

Don Grosh Electrajet Custom.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Smile Re: Can you tell me what this brand is ?

Thank you for the fast answer.

This pickups combination here is very interesting : S-S-P90. But it's a custom option. I think this kind of combination on mass production guitars models would be very well accepted by the public and don't would cost so much.

Can you here my wish ?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halmyar View Post
Thank you for the fast answer.

This pickups combination here is very interesting : S-S-P90. But it's a custom option. I think this kind of combination on mass production guitars models would be very well accepted by the public and don't would cost so much.

Can you here my wish ?
Grosh is a pretty small custom shop; you can basically get an ElectraJet Custom any way you want it.

The "closest" they get to production is their "ElectraJet Standard" where they limit the options to basically whatever color (from a short list) they choose to shoot that week (they do runs of 4-5 at a time) and what set of pickups they want to put in them (usually 2 P90s, 2 humbuckers, or HSS but sometimes 3 P90s). They used to do these with 3 single coils but I haven't seen one of them since early 2009; probably because they brought out a Standard version of their Retro Classic S-style last summer (all the Retro Classic Standards I've ever seen have been SSS).

In terms of scale, Grosh probably produces about 300 guitars per year and they are certainly right up there with any of the "usual suspects" of custom guitars - Anderson, Suhr, and Tyler.

FYI - Don Grosh was once the plant manager for Valley Arts Guitars back when they were still independent (before they sold out to Samick in the early 1990s) before starting his own shop; he moved from California to Colorado about 5 years ago.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

This guitar seems fantastic. But, it's not a S S P90 combination as I thought but a more classic S S H. Doesn't matter. It's sound very good to my ears.

Can we found Grosh guitars in Europe and, in particular, in France ? Juste to see them in real and maybe play one.

Thank you for the add.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

This is a link for a video demo http://www.redplanetmedia.net/Grosh.html

PS. Excuse me for the double post but I need a 10th message for insert the link.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halmyar View Post
This guitar seems fantastic. But, it's not a S S P90 combination as I thought but a more classic S S H. Doesn't matter. It's sound very good to my ears.

Can we found Grosh guitars in Europe and, in particular, in France ? Juste to see them in real and maybe play one.

Thank you for the add.
For some reason I also thought that Ian from Tortuga had one with the S-S-P90 configuration; however, I know I've seen at least one with that set-up. The one in the demo does clearly have the S-S-H configuration.

Here's a link to the dealer page on Grosh's site - no dealers in France but it looks like he has dealers in Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, and Norway if that helps (just scroll past the USA dealers):

http://www.groshguitars.com/dealers/index.htm

FYI - not affiliated, but I have owned a couple of Groshs over the years and will likely own one again at some point.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the link. Some are terribles but anyway, I don't have enough money to buy one. When I will go to Paris (where most of the stores are) I will ask them first, if they know the brand and secondly, if they can have some for the french market.

Thanx a lot.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 04:40 PM

You can also always get a Duncan P-Rails pickup as your bridge humbucker, which can be humbucking, single coil, or a P-90. Designed by our very own Frank Falbo

Tags
don grosh guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode