Can't find the tool for my RG2550ex Arm! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Can't find the tool for my RG2550ex Arm!

I can't find the tool to adjust the angle of my rg2550ex's arm!!! what is it? how can i order it or at least know how to ask for it in a store ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 02:32 PM

Re: Can't find the tool for my RG2550ex Arm!

I don't understand, what exactly do you mean by "angle?"

Angle of the bridge? Angle of the bar itself in relation to the bridge? The bend of the arm?

There is no tool for any of those, well, no "special" tool to do any of that anyway.

Ask the question so that we know exactly what you mean and we can help you.

Mic
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 02:39 PM

He probably means the angle of the neck, meaning a tool for truss-rod adjustment (guitar neck translates to "arm" in French I think)
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 02:49 PM

?????

That's interesting . . . I won't even start with the jokes I could make about that . . .

Mic
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel
He probably means the angle of the neck, meaning a tool for truss-rod adjustment (guitar neck translates to "arm" in French I think)
yES YOU are right, but actually i'm translating from spanish, it would be the neck, some guitars use the regular "L" allens, but this one is different its the oposite.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 01:14 PM

I thought it was that in Spanish as well, but I didn't remember for sure

I don't have that guitar, so I wouldn't know, but I would think it is just a different size Allen Key. Or do you mean that you cannot actually reach the truss rod with a regular L-shapped allen key? Go to your local hardware store and get a longer one, or try your current one backwards with some pliers..
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 03:01 PM

I haven't worked on a 2550 yet, but I'm going to assume it uses the same nut as all the other X500+ guitars . . .

I'm pretty sure it's a 7mm thin walled socket driver. Could be 8mm. Rich usually has them in stock (big, swirl banner at the top of the page) so he'll know for sure.

I just use em, I never bothered to measure them . . . and since I've collected 6 or 7 of them over the years I don't worry much about having to replace them. (Not to mention the full compliment of English and Metric tools I have all over the place. )

Mic
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicJustMic
I haven't worked on a 2550 yet, but I'm going to assume it uses the same nut as all the other X500+ guitars . . .

I'm pretty sure it's a 7mm thin walled socket driver. Could be 8mm. Rich usually has them in stock (big, swirl banner at the top of the page) so he'll know for sure.

I just use em, I never bothered to measure them . . . and since I've collected 6 or 7 of them over the years I don't worry much about having to replace them. (Not to mention the full compliment of English and Metric tools I have all over the place. )

Mic
Yes i think it's a socket driver but L shaped too. just want to be sure how to order it.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicJustMic
Rich usually has them in stock (big, swirl banner at the top of the page) so he'll know for sure.
Mickey
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 08:17 AM

most guitar shops have one hanging about spare , even here in aus :0
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 08:50 AM

i am not even sure if it is just a common thin walled socket. it looks a bit different, but i may be wrong. so i don't bothered with the truss. i cannot adjust it properly anwyay.

Tags
guitar shop , rod adjustment , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode