This can't be an RG670, can it? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

This can't be an RG670, can it?

Okay everyone, I'm back. And no longer am I concerned with my pau ferro fingerboard. However, I am forced to wonder something. This guitar I recently purchased is supposedly an RG670. But I don't think it is. Can anyone positively identify this guitar?

http://www.geocities.com/dark_angeli...newguitar.jpeg

As you can clearly see, the pickups are pickguard-mounted, and I've never seen an RG670 with a pickguard, except for this alleged one. It supposedly has the original neck on it, however the hardware was changed from gold to chrome. Looks like a Lo-Pro Edge on there, doesn't it? Infinity pickups, too. But with a top like that? And what color finish is that? With a mirrored pickguard? On an RG670? It just doesn't add up, does it? The stamp on the back of the headstock reads "E503766", which might have been why the previous owner seems to think it may have been an European import. However, I'm not sure if that's even the original neck. Anyway, any help on unraveling this mystery will be greatly appreciated. And even if you don't know what it is or think you will have any idea, it's worth a look, as I think it's quite a looker. Thanks!

- Stray
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Ooops, sorry. Here's a link to the pic that actually works:

http://members.aol.com/albee1952/forsale/new670.jpg

And anyway, I just figured out the answers to my questions. Look here:

[url]http://members.aol.com/albee1952/forsale/rg670.jpghttp://<br /> <br /> Anyway, [email protected]</a>
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Grrr, today is not a good day for me to be posting links, obviously.

Before pic is here:

http://members.aol.com/albee1952/forsale/rg670.jpg

Sorry!

- Stray
[email protected]
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 02:11 PM

Yeah that is nice actually. A very nice looker. I think the MODs that have been done to it are very good ones. That chrome Lo-Pro has made it look alot nicer, and that scratchplate that was added has made it look nicer too. But then again I am a big fan of scratchplates. I just think nearly all guitars should have one.

But yeah, i really like it. It kinda reminds me (before pic) of an RG3120.
Gary - The.Godfather
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Yeah , funny thing is, I was actually looking to buy an RG3120. But my cousin insists I teach him to play, so he was scouring eBay in search a cheaper guitar, and I stumbled upon this one. Anyway, he doesn't want to pay over $200 for a guitar, and he insists on having something he can play some Vai on. So we've been searching for an RG270-RG270 for him, since that's the only thing I can think of that that's anywhere near capable of doing that in his price range. But anyway, I haven't decided whether I'm going to put Evos in it, or a Tone Zone/PAF Pro setup like the 3120 has. I'm kinda more partial to the 3120's pickups, since even though I am a huge Vai fan, Evos are more or less his signature pickups, and I'd rather not be a copycat. Eh, anyway, everybody uses Evos these days. But yeah, I kinda like the pickguard. Anybody have any idea what the finish name and suffix (i.e. black is BK, Twilight Blue is TW, etc.) for this guitar is? Thanks!

- Stray
[email protected]
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 03:04 PM

looks just like this but with guard

Tags
mirrored pickguard , paf pro , pro edge , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode