Caparison Horus - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Caparison Horus

I have the opportunity to purchase a Caparison Horus, I am used to the JEM555 model and was wanting to get other peoples opinions who have used the guitar. I am a bit concerned about the shorter scale length and getting used to the different neck length.

Apart from that everything seems to be stunning about the specification of the guitar !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 06:02 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Caparison Horus

They play really well, sound good and look sooooo cool. I hate the pick up selecter though. I found the extra frets a little strange, but great for tapping. If your worried about the scale length, i'm pretty sure they make guitars with a longer scale for down tuning. Worth buying purely for the headstock!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 06:10 PM

I would love to rave on about the Caparison Horus as I've owned 2 of them but as I'm pretty sure that the guitar you are talking about here is being sold by me then I'm afraid my opinion would be somewhat biased and therefore unfair to you, lol!!!

Apologies if I'm wrong on this btw!!
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Yep, Hi by the way !
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating_Guy View Post
Yep, Hi by the way !
Hellooooo.....!!!!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 08:10 PM

Reviews: 2

The only reason you should ever be worried about scale length is if a) you have massive meat fingers that should be on a bass rather than the itty bitty frets high up on a guitar (But if that was the case, the 24 frets, let alone 27 would be pointless in the first place), or b) you down tune to drop - lowashell and need to put .70's on the guitar or something. Getting rid of less than 2% of the neck's length won't make THAT much of a difference either way. Worrying about this is somewhat akin to the guys who worry that their fingers will be messed up on the whole fretboard if they go from a 22 fret guitar to a 24 fret guitar.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 10:21 PM

Very overated guitars,put the money to a J custom or high end Prestige far better value guitars!

I have one Caparison left,i just want rid of it to be honest.......MEH!!

The TAT range is the best of the lot IMO.

Last edited by corey j grieve; 06-06-2010 at 11:26 PM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 11:11 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey j grieve View Post
I have one Caparison left,i just want rid of it to be honest.......MEH!!
Any reason for this in particular?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 11:33 PM

It just doesn't get played anymore and i paid a lot for it BITD.
It never felt like a guitar of that value should,i have been underwhelmed by the brand and hype. Maybe i'll go dig it out and see what happens.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 12:50 AM

Reviews: 18

I've owned two of the horus HGS models, a dellinger and a TAT. One was the mf07 model and the other the walnut hgs. Both sounded phenomenal, especially with the lower tunings. You don't have to worry about tuning to standard pitch. Alot of people think that because the guitar is called the (high gauge string model) It won't intonate properly.. but it does just fine.

The scale length is what you should keep in mind. The guitar feels like a les paul.. so if you like the les paul fret spacing, you will love it. I personally prefer the dellinger scale length, but the horus is a great guitar. If you can get it cheap enough, go for it!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

To be honest i am hooked on the ibanez at the moment, but its the quality that i have read about the caparisons which is swinging me to definitely try it out. I remember trying some of the dean models and not liking them at all, wish i had been a member of this forum before buying the Jem555 although i love the neck on it, the rest seems a bit flimsy for some reason.

Might be one of those guitars that you instantly take to, it know it was like that with the ibanez when i bought it, although it was close to be honest between it and a jackson soloist.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 07:31 PM

The Horus is a fantastic guitar. Great tone, playability and quality. I personally love the short scale. I like em so much I bought two.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdragon View Post
The Horus is a fantastic guitar. Great tone, playability and quality. I personally love the short scale. I like em so much I bought two.
One for each arm!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Well looks like i was too slow, , someone snapped it up, ah well looks like i'll be saving for a TAT II now..
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 06:08 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating_Guy View Post
Well looks like i was too slow, , someone snapped it up, ah well looks like i'll be saving for a TAT II now..
Hard luck man

Tags
caparison

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode