Carved J Custom 'Devil Mask' Complete one off!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Carved J Custom 'Devil Mask' Complete one off!!

Check this out. A carved J Custom that appears to be a complete one off which was made for George's Guitar Gallery. This guitar is actually up for sale at the mo as I came across an ad for it. Anybody see this before?? Was it Georges Guitar Gallery that had (or still has) a J Custom RG Egypt model as well??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1BLBsPemak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 09:45 PM

Reviews: 25
Re: Carved J Custom 'Devil Mask' Complete one off!!

Wow... I wonder if it was done after purchasing or if it came out of the factory like that...
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 09:09 AM

Damn, that is super cool. It's a shame there aren't more guitars like that around!
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 07:31 PM

Reviews: 39

The guitar gallery seems to have some pretty legit guitars...

I remember the RG Egypt, and the super carved one off pharaoh guitar too (which was not an Ibanez, I believe...) ...And that pharaoh guitar was hideous. (Not the King Tut V...that one was pretty cool!)
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 11:13 PM

Reviews: 11

not a fan.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 03:02 AM

Reviews: 21

The face on it looks ridiculous!! There is no class to that j custom at all!!! Thumbs down
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 06:15 PM

Sorry. I don't like the look of it.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 02:45 PM

Yuck but everyone is unique as is the guitar
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 04:10 AM

what's the big deal? lot's of guys got specially made J's
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 11:39 PM

I was in georges guitar gallery in 2004 when they were in disneyworld.I got my jcrg4 from there.At the time they had an rg gear, and 2 different rg21 j customs.If I remember kevan(tremolo-no inventor) found the rg egypt and a rg usa(american flag) from there or he tracked down the original buyer.Sweet guitars.The devil mask isn't my thing but I bet it sounds and plays great.Apparently when they closed the disney location they told me they sent the jcustoms to their ibanez rep.I think rich might of ended up with them but its just a lucky guess.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Vendor

I found the owner of the Egypt and hooked Kev up with him

Georges was the only store in the country that got this cool stuff, and it was only because of the Disney location. It was such a worldwide draw that visitors from all over the world were constantly exposed to the coolest Ibanez in the country just walking by the shop window. Now that they closed, nobody is getting any ;/
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Yeah Kevan has owned the RG Egypt for quite some time now. I've read online that there were possibly 2 of these. The Ibanez Register has mention of an RG Egypt 2 but there is no info on it and Kevan has submitted details of his RG Egypt in the link above it. I can't be sure but I think I read somewhere that the other RG Egypt (2) had a cream coloured top on it if indeed it does actually exist at all??

Anyway I found an old pic of the Guitar Gallery. Maybe that's the Egypt in the display case?? I can see what appears to be a JCRG21-B (top left) and maybe a few other JC's hanging there as well.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 04:55 AM
Vendor

I've seen pictures of the other one, I'm sure Kev has them, if I saved them I wouldn't know where.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I've seen pictures of the other one, I'm sure Kev has them, if I saved them I wouldn't know where.
Thanks Rich. So there is another one knocking about somewhere, very interesting. I was looking at the JCRG Time as well on the Ibanez Register, beautiful guitar and bound to be a very rare bird indeed.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV-7-BK View Post
The face on it looks ridiculous!! There is no class to that j custom at all!!! Thumbs down
Totally! I'd much rather have "flame maple on mahogany" version 8,632 of 50,000. Much more "custom" IMO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode