Carvin DC400TA anyone played/has one? - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 05:13 AM

Re: Carvin DC400TA anyone played/has one?

LOL! I was about to ask for pictures.... but pictures of the case..... not very nice...

I hope you don't find a piece of wood in there.

losgatos, very nice of you to offer that but I think it goes against glen's rules. maybe wish to PM him to confirm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Went to the Greek Carvin dealer with my case, the found a key that fits, problem solved. My keys were in the case, It probably locked itself in transit..... who knows... Anyway, very nice guitar, just sat down to play with it.
A quick pic, more to follow...

@ Ibateur: Yes there was a piece of wood inside, but a nice one don't you think?
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 08:19 AM

Nice guitar! Congratulations!
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 08:30 AM

That's pretty. Congrats on a good find. Hilarious story on the keys.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

I have cleaned and checked the guitar very carefully, from every angle, every little detail. It doesn't have a scratch on it. The only thing I could find was the beggining of a slight discoloration on the top of the gold volume knob. The papers inside stated that it was ordered March 5, 2007, so it is less than a year old.

On the playing side: guitar was almost in tune when I took it out of the case. Only the low E needed tunning. Plays very very nice, it is very nicely setup, but on 9-42s. I prefer 10-46 and will probably change them soon. The neck is much thicker than the Wizards I usually play but feels very comfortable. SS frets are perfect and the Ebony fingerboard amazing. As you can see in the pic, the inlay is very dramatic, with lots of changes in paterns and colors which I find kind of cool...
More pics and thoughts about the guitar later...
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:49 PM

Congrats. Beautiful guitar. Carvins are great. I think they only have two downsides. Lot so great stock pickups (but who really cares about pickups) and terrible resale value. As good as they are Carvins never got the respect they deserve in the resale market. I have seen some real nice Carvons sell for less than half of what they cost new, but if you plan on keeping it who cares. They are really nice US made guitars at good prices. As for the neck, tung oil is the best but laquered necks don't bother me.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Well, here in Europe they are much more expensive, and keep their resale value more. But anyway, I got it used, so I won't loose that much when reselling it (infact I'll probably earn a buck ).

I thought the strings on this guitar were 9s, and today I put a fresh set of D'addario 10s which I use in all my guitars. It looks like the strings on it were 10s afterall. No change needed in setup, but they feel extra light as well... bends feel like you have a se of 9s on it.
Could this be due to the shorter 25" scale as opposed to the Ibanez 25.5" ? Anyone noticed something similar?

Tags
alder body , beautiful guitar , ebony fingerboard , flamed maple , maple neck , neck pickup , stainless frets , stainless steel frets , steel frets , steve vai , string pickup , string pickups , tung oil , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode