Carvin DC747 - opinions - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2001, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Carvin DC747 - opinions

What are your opinions on their necks, pickups, and quality? Also how good does the maple neck sound with alder wings? Finally what are your opinions on Carvin guitars in general, not just their 7-strings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 06:42 AM

Carvin DC747

They look pretty decent, I would buy one if they where for sale in Belgium. The neck-thru is very tempting. I would take one fully mahogany with a fixed bridge, maybe with a walnut top.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 01:47 PM

Carvin DC747

I have heard some really interesting things from Carvin retailers, but never anything from players . Iwould be curious to know as well.

Personally I would never purchase a Carvin guitar because of the numerous other products that they develop and manufacture (amps, consoles etc). Companies shouldn't diversify that much just for market share. Concentrate on one main product and make it amazing.

I have once owned a Yamaha guitar and experienced this very same issue...

Just my two cents worth...
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Carvin DC747

I wish more companys(Ibanez) were that. Selling sweet amps, parts(a lot easier than Ibanez), and sweet looking guitars(ibanez has).
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-17-2001, 05:59 PM

Carvin DC747

I think Ibanez should simply concentrate on their guitars and basses. Granted some of their effect pedals are cool, but , honestly, there is a lot better out there...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2001, 01:33 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Carvin DC747

I have not played the Carvin 7s. However, my experience with Carvin is that they are fine instruments. Double the price and that is what their retail cost would be at Guitar Center. I find the quality is about equal comparing brands at that price.

That said, the mail order thing really hurts the customer who can't really "test drive" or make the emotional 'in-store' purchase. Some carvins had the painted neck and i hate that but you can nowadays order pretty much however you want the guitar. If they came with Edge/LoPros i'd consider buying one. For a fixed bridge i believe they deserve a look... glen
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2001, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Carvin DC747

I think for extra cash you can get the necks with a tung oil finish. The reason I'm thinking about it is because when you click on the dc727 there is a sweet looking black version of 727 that I want, only with a single coil also(747).
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 06:09 AM

Carvin DC747

I got a DC 727, all mahogany, it's a nice guitar & it coststed 689 or something like that, got the rounded body edges, active electronics, fixed bridge & a free case.

Things i don't like

I can't keep the top strings totally buzz free, frets are slightly longer than the fretboard, PU's are too trebly & undefined, allthough it would totally fit for heavy music like fear factory or korn

Tags
carvin guitars , fixed bridge , maple neck , tung oil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode