carvin guitars ? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

carvin guitars ?

hi , i was wondering if any of you had a carvin guitar . I have been interested in them since i knew about them , but have always been put off by the fact that i have never been able to play one . i love maple fret boards and they are really the only company doing them.

So information specs wise on your personal guitar would be great , and also if you could compare your carvin to another guitar what would it play the closest to ?

thanks
jordan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 03:41 AM

Re: carvin guitars ?

They play GREAT. Probably some of the best playing guitars I've ever played. I had a Carvin DC 127 and a Carvin DC 135. Every Carvin I've ever played, played phenominal. Thin necks, great set up, great pickups, real flat finger board, really have no complaints. Their paint jobs are really nice too. I honestly think their the highest quality guitar for the money. I like them a whole lot better than PRS's and their a whole lot cheaper b/c their factory direct.
post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 06:36 AM

Carvin guitars ROCK! They are great and their stock pickups sound fantastic. I've played California Carved Top CT6M and Bolt models and they both were great. CT6M had a ridiculous action, it was such a pleasure to play, probably the best guitar I have ever played! Bolt was nice too, its AP11 single coils were awesome, they were probably hum-cancelling pickups since they sound like hot humbuckers.

The only down sides with Carvin is they have only one neck profile, they sell them only factory direct and their resale value isn't too high.

Check these threads out I wrote sometime ago.
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showth...ghlight=Carvin
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showth...ghlight=Carvin
post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 09:13 AM

Love them. Actually, I don't have one. But my main axes (all 3) are Radius bodies with Carvin necks.
post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 02:19 PM

I will be ordering a DC 127 as soon as I sell my current guitar. I have heard nothing but good things about them and look forward to finally owning one.

It would be nice if I could finally decide on a color!!!
post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin
I will be ordering a DC 127 as soon as I sell my current guitar. I have heard nothing but good things about them and look forward to finally owning one.

It would be nice if I could finally decide on a color!!!
The triple step colors they advertise as available on the CT6's are available on everything. I got my my 727 in triple step blue, and it came out fantastic; like a swimming pool!

Ruby Red quilt is nice, too (this is a DC400).

post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Dee

Those are yours, Jim? They look superb.
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 05:09 PM

I have played a few carvins, they are awsome guitars, I could do with a little differnt body shape and headstock but then it would look just like a Ibanez

Playabilty wise there really killer.

Austin
post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

wow jim those are some beautiful finishes , that is another reason i was drawn to carvin guitars is the finish . I know that the colors or finish isn't exactly the most important thing when it come to looking for a new guitar but it sure doesn't hurt .
post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 08:46 PM

Heres mine in Emerald Green

post #11 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Dee

H/S config too. Nice!
post #12 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 09:02 PM

Yeah, those are mine. Carvin makes a really nice guitar, absolutely. I would very strongly suggest anyone getting one seriously consider the tung oiled 2 piece mahogany neck It is beyond magnificent!
post #13 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Dee

Are they well priced? We rarely see Carvin guitars in this country, in fact I have never seen one in person.
post #14 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 11:50 PM

their flame tops etc.. are amazing... althought I would just want a HOT PINK one!!!
post #15 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 11:54 PM
Dee

That'd look wicked.

Tags
beautiful guitar , billy sheehan , block inlays , body shape , bridge pup , carvin guitars , custom guitar , custom shop , direct mounted pickups , finger board , fingerboard wood , fret board , ibanez guitars , koa body , mahogany body , maple fret , maple fret board , maple neck , mounted pickups , neck joint , neck joints , neck pickup , neck position , neck shape , playing guitar , pointy headstock , quilted maple , recessed trem , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , road flare red , rosewood board , rosewood boards , seymour duncan , seymour duncans , stainless steel frets , steel frets , strat tone , toggle switch , tony macalpine , truss rod , truss rod cover , tung oil , virgil donati , walnut neck , wilkinson trem , zachary guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode