The Carvin Numbers - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

The Carvin Numbers

Hellow,

So i saw some vids of this new jason becker signature, but i can't seem to find much reviews...Anyone here got a hold of this guitar? What do u like/dislike? Is it worth the money?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 01:42 PM

Re: The Carvin Numbers

The reviews are incredible. Check out www.carvinbbs.com to learn more.

I myself just received a new DC600 and it smokes.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Cool, i only heard a few video's of it, but it seems to sound a bit "thin". Probably because of the duncans which are mostly "high end" focussed, and the ash body + maple neck.

Anyway, would really like to try one!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddingjoris View Post
Cool, i only heard a few video's of it, but it seems to sound a bit "thin". Probably because of the duncans which are mostly "high end" focussed, and the ash body + maple neck.

The perpetual burn pickup is FAR from thin. It's my 2nd favorite bridge pickup next to the AT1. It has a smoothness that most bridge pups don't have. I have one in my RG2550 and it sounds amazing.

And if it sounds thin, put an OD pedal like a BB preamp in front of it to add some depth. Very easy solution
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddingjoris View Post

Most YouTube videos focus on the video quality and neglect the audio. I love the sound of my DC600 but I haven't heard a decent sounding demo of it yet.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerTube View Post
Most YouTube videos focus on the video quality and neglect the audio. I love the sound of my DC600 but I haven't heard a decent sounding demo of it yet.
Or, as in the case of the new Kiesel pickup demos, focus way too much on djenty chugging rather than demoing the true versatility of the pickups. I am really beginning to hate demo videos...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Or, as in the case of the new Kiesel pickup demos, focus way too much on djenty chugging rather than demoing the true versatility of the pickups. I am really beginning to hate demo videos...
Yeah. They never seem to demo what I want demonstrated, and even if they do, the sound quality is enough to turn people off to that product.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
The perpetual burn pickup is FAR from thin. It's my 2nd favorite bridge pickup next to the AT1. It has a smoothness that most bridge pups don't have. I have one in my RG2550 and it sounds amazing.

And if it sounds thin, put an OD pedal like a BB preamp in front of it to add some depth. Very easy solution
Well, it's mostly a combination of all those elements. And i didn't mean to say duncans sound thin, i'm saying that in comparison to dimarzio's they are higher end focussed.
Besides that i don't really like pedals, unless to boost a jcm 800.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 04:25 PM

Thumbs up Re: The Carvin Numbers

I just saw one at the Carvin showroom. A shredder, no doubt. Nice build quality. It reminded me of an old school Charvel....NO B.S. It was surrounded by a bunch of exotic wood LOOKERS with fancy finishes, but I still took notice. A real nice chunk of Ash, with a unique use of color and numbers. Flashy, but still simple. I liked it. Ash and Maple to me, equals screamer! The value part of it is up to the individual. It represents a great players vision of SHRED! To me, it's a great value when you consider the price of other American made guitars.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode