Case Ave Ibanez guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Case Ave Ibanez guitar

Hello,

This is my first post, I've been an Ibanez fan from the 80's metal days. My Ibanezs are a late 80s 540 R, and a 78 Artist.

I bought an Ibanez guitar in the early 90s that looks like the current JS. The interesting thing is I just read the article on American made Ibanez guitars:

http://www.jemsite.com/usa/usa.htm

which says that Case Ave was only used for endorsees, but the guitar I have says in was made on Case Ave. What could this mean? Could I possibly have a guitar that was made for an endorsee that ended up being sold retail? I bought the guitar in a NY shop I think around 92 or 93 new. It says "Custom" or maybe "Custom Shop" on the neck (I can't remember exactly). There is no model number or identification on the headstock.

Just curious,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 03:32 PM

Lots of guitars of that era had a "custom made" plaque on the fretboard. They're just run-of-the-mill production units.

How do you know your guitar was made at Case Ave.?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
How do you know your guitar was made at Case Ave.?
The neck plate says "Case Ave Hollywood", but the smooth area (on the neck plate) where I guess the serial number could be etched is blank.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 04:02 PM
Vendor

If you read it closely you should find there were 2 Case Ave. addresses. One for LACS, the other for the offices and H&S [the subsidery co. setup to do the assembly and finishing on the Japan made parts that make up these 1000's of "Custom Made" guitars]
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
If you read it closely you should find there were 2 Case Ave. addresses. One for LACS, the other for the offices and H&S [the subsidery co. setup to do the assembly and finishing on the Japan made parts that make up these 1000's of "Custom Made" guitars]
This may be a stupid question but what does LACS mean?

The article says it was "about 10 blocks north". I didn't consider that this could be on the same street I don't think my neck plate has a street address, I'd have to look.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 04:43 PM
Vendor

LA Custom Shop

Tags
custom shop , darren wilson , ibanez guitars , neck plate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode