Charvel green meanie or Ibanez?` - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

Talking Charvel green meanie or Ibanez?`

Guys..I'm in a touch situation here...Should get an Ibanez or a Charvel green meanie...I just can't think straight here. I'm looking for something good and can last me a long time. I like the green meanie because it has some personality but yet Ibanez guitars are good for shredding but I notice that most of their prestige or RG are to commercial based. Suggestions please. Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 06:19 AM

Re: Charvel green meanie or Ibanez?`

deffinatly the charvel, alot more class than an ibanez!!
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 07:11 PM

Green Meanie! Green Meanie!
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Dee

Ibanez.

Green Meanie may have personality, but it's someone else's personality.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Gex

Charvel.

Make it your own though.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 09:22 PM

and that's exactly what I'm doing, right now. I'm building a Green Meanie, but it won't be exact. When you go exact, you are stuck with the things you DON'T like, too.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 10:16 PM

Which Ibanez are you looking for? Personally, if it's a J-Custom to a Green meanie, I'd take the J-Custom. If we're talking anything less than a prestige.. go Greenie. Greenie VS prestige.. depends on the model.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 10:56 PM

Charvels are cool and having a green meanie would be nice but i'd go for an oldschool Ibanez.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 01:37 AM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: Charvel green meanie or Ibanez?`

A Charvel green meanie is going to cost you an arm and a leg and it's not all that, If I were you I'd buy a used high end Ibanez...
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 02:10 AM

those green meanie's look evil
tho they look somewhat out of somebody's nightmare they definately get you attention and a good sound (going on the great sound ive had with them when trying them in shops lol)
I would go with the green meanie
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Charvel doesn't make a "Green Meanie" as part of its regualr offerings. Are you talking about Matt's (of Matt's Music fame) limited run, or a Charvel Custom shop guitar? If you can afford a Charvel Custom Shop guitar, then you can afford just about anything out there, including a couple of nice Ibby's for the same price. What Green Meanie are you specifically referring to?
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 12:39 PM

Wayne C also makes a Green Meanie
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 12:42 PM

That would be a Wayne though, not a Charvel. I personally wouldn't deal with Wayne on anything when the Charvel Custom shop is such a safe bet.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
That would be a Wayne though, not a Charvel. I personally wouldn't deal with Wayne on anything when the Charvel Custom shop is such a safe bet.
Yea your right, just thought I would mention it... since he did not specify where he was getting a Green Meanie. Also Im not sure if the new Charvels carry the same reputation as the Old Charvels before Fender bought them. It seem the new EVH model is a dime a dozen and always for sale some where.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 01:08 PM

The new Charvels I've played are awesome. The pointy headstock necks are very close to the old pointies, and there aren't really enough Stratheads out there yet to judge, I don't think. We'll see on those; the old Charvel guys tend to line up behind one or the other. The EVH guitars suffer from both markup and Ed's reputation. They are great guitars, but unless you need the whole "Ed" vibe of the copies you could get a plain white one for a whole lot less money.

Tags
charvel green meanie , custom shop , custom shop guitar , evh guitars , green meanie replica , guitar body , ibanez guitars , meanie replica , pointy headstock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode