Charvel Guthrie Govan sig coming soon - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Charvel Guthrie Govan sig coming soon

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mMBhCAzUlg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 08:30 PM

Re: Charvel Guthrie Govan sig coming soon

I would buy one just based on how likable he is. I liked the 1st proto better although this one is very nice.

he kills it when he demos the pickups. GAAAAAH! at 4:00

Last edited by GUITARMAGEDDON; 08-06-2013 at 08:36 PM.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 08:44 PM

I like the idea of them making non fine tuner floyds again. I checked FR site and didn't see one. I had one but traded it for something I needed worse. I will be keeping an eye on that one.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 08:58 PM

Reviews: 4

It makes me a little happier that even the amazing GG likes dots on his neck.

I suppose he'll use that puppy to melt my face in person next week!
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 PM

LOL its been a while since I'm here And I have no idea that guthrie has a signature with charvel.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom View Post
LOL its been a while since I'm here And I have no idea that guthrie has a signature with charvel.
Guthrie started using them at the end of 2012. Guthrie & Suhr ended their mutual agreement and endorsment for whatever personal reasons they had (unknown to the public).
Since then Guthrie played a prototype Charvel and had several more.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 07:10 AM

He will say, my signature Charvel is the best you can get, A few months earlier it was his signature Suhr, wonder what its gonna be in another few months...
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerman View Post
He will say, my signature Charvel is the best you can get, A few months earlier it was his signature Suhr, wonder what its gonna be in another few months...
Letīs bring a little nuance here.

Guthrie never said that his signature is the best you can get, only that he his guitars really pleases him and that people might like them too if they have the opportunity to check them out.

Some artists do switch endorsement deals like underwear, some donīt. Steve Vai, Yngwie, Satriani and a few others stayed their lives up until now with ītheirī brand. Eddie Van Halen is on the other end of the spectrum.

Itīs been known that Guthrie owned or played publicly Fender Strats, Jazzmasters, Ibanez Jem & RG, PRS, Suhr classics, Standards and Moderns in the past, owns a Gibson SG from 1963, and a 335 among others.

The man likes his guitars to be diverse to say the least.

Guthrie was officially with Suhr from 2007 to the end of 2012. He is now official with Charvel. No other endorsements, only these two, although i hear that Red Bear Picks has something special in the future.

Itīs not based on facts to say that he will change brands again in a few months just to make a quick buck. I guess we will see.

Anyway, hereīs a pic of the Charvels, on the right is the Floyd Rose model and the one on the left is the Gotoh 510 with the bent steel saddles.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 10:42 AM

doesn't he also have an endorsement with Vigier? or does he just do demos for them?
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

My favourite thing is that he's taken a while to come out with this rather than jumping ship to a new signature model immediately.

It just needs a monkey grip and I'd consider picking one up. I can scallop the top couple of frets myself and enlarge the lower cutaway. Rout out enough space for a proper trem, can of green spray paint and a few stickers and I think we're about set
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUITARMAGEDDON View Post
doesn't he also have an endorsement with Vigier? or does he just do demos for them?
Good point, he also demo'd the Vigier Surfreter. No endorsement though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
My favourite thing is that he's taken a while to come out with this rather than jumping ship to a new signature model immediately.

It just needs a monkey grip and I'd consider picking one up. I can scallop the top couple of frets myself and enlarge the lower cutaway. Rout out enough space for a proper trem, can of green spray paint and a few stickers and I think we're about set
LOL

Don't forgot to add REAL DiMarzio's after the green neon spray paint.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 02:57 PM

Reviews: 4

It has a T-no. I am happy.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 03:48 PM

Love me some GG..

I wonder how much his signature model with costs
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosa View Post

Some artists do switch endorsement deals like underwear, some donīt. Steve Vai, Yngwie, Satriani and a few others stayed their lives up until now with ītheirī brand. Eddie Van Halen is on the other end of the spectrum.
My comment was actually not aimed at Guthrie in particular, even though I understand it could easily be interpreted that way. It was more like a general comment about how it seems like everyone is endorsed these days, and have a new signature coming out, and that many of them switch, as you say, brands like underwear.

It was much less common back then, so the artists that got endorsed back then, it seems like it was much more genuine.

Vai, Malmsteen, etc, to them it actually meant something to be endorsed.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosa View Post

Beautiful!!!

Tags
charvel , erotic cakes , guthrie , suhr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode