Cheap guitar review... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Reviews: 64
Talking Cheap guitar review...

Guys I hope my review help somebody who's looking for a cheap guitar.
I needed a cheapier guitar to play with hair metal cover bands,I didn't want to walk around with my esp m2 or my prestige.So I bought it and believe me it's awesome!
I wouldn't believe if someone told me it's a really good guitar cause you know it's a chinese baby.Look at brazilian numbers:

Rg prestige and esp m2 = about 2200 dollars.
LTD = 600 dollars

It's pups believe it or not are a little better than the ones wich came with my prestige !!!
It's finishing is good,nothing bad to say about it.Always in tune and believe me(again) its neck is very very good ,I like very low action and it works without buzzes.If you need/want a cheapier guitar to play around and if you like its finishing GO FOR IT without a doubt.I have it for about 3.5 years and not even 1 problem till now.The only difference from that picture is it's darker,more like dark blue.
It's the bottom one.I prefer 2 humbuckers config but I can't stand that brown turd color fingerboard and its maple fingerboard is the way I like ,not yellow maple but like skin color,maybe salmon?
Anyway for its price it's an awesome guitar!

MH-103QM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Reviews: 64
Re: Cheap guitar review...

If you have any questions about it I'll be glad to help.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 12:28 PM

Re: Cheap guitar review...

I have that guitar. Its decent, it doesnt get played that much because the bridge pickup is ****ed up, but I ordered a pickup on friday (GFS crunchy PAT) and a thing to stop the bridge from going past the 0 point. It stays in tune for a long time if you dont use the floyd rose. and even if you do it stays in tune decently, but not great. If you block it off it would stay in tune much better, but yeah, its a good deal for the money. The body is made of Agathis btw.

EDIT: Well actually, I have the MH100QM not the 103, sorry, but they appear to be about the same other than the pickup config, and the neck. But everything I said before goes, I assume.

Last edited by ComeAlone; 01-25-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Tags
cheap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode