Cheap modding guitar ? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Cheap modding guitar ?

Hi
I am trying to decide what guitar to buy for a modding project.i want to replace things like pickups,more advanced electronics like phaseswitch,series/parallelle,killswitch,tuners etc.

I want a easy to remove Edge/ floydrose so i can just remove the backstrings and the studs to easy access to the pickguard or for travel with a airplane.though,it need to stay in tune also.

Some more criteria:
Pickguard with hsh hss or hh
Jumbo fretz
Bolt on
Flat radius
I want to find a good guitar for max 400euro or less.

I am looking at rg350dx but are the tremolo with zps system and the wheel a couple of extra steps to deassemble? Can it be removed?
Or Steve Vai jem jr but a little over my budget,is it worth upgrading?can the bridge be replace with a better floyd rose?
Anyone have or have tried those guitars?

Are there better models for the price and criteria i want?used or new.
Some have recommended a used rg550 but they are hard to buy for a good price so i am looking for alternatives..
I live in europe.

Last edited by K.nizm; 04-26-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 07:11 PM

Have you considered a 450? A new one would get you by for a while. Quantum pups aren't too bad. I find the edge zero 2 pretty decent myself, after working with it bit I found the springs softened up a little.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

Re: Cheap modding guitar ?

I can’t find 450 new,but maybe i can find a one used .
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 06:51 AM

Nothing wrong with a used one, but it may have the infinity pups in it, which will likely disappoint you from the start. If it has those in it do some serious haggling.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Re: Cheap modding guitar ?

Thank you,i will add that to my list as well..any more recommended models within my criteria is appreciated

Tags
upgrade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode