Cheap NGD - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dalton GA
Posts: 250
Cheap NGD

Today I stopped at a local auto shop to see a friend of mine. While talking to him I noticed a gig bag on another techs work bench. I went over to him and asked about his guitar. He said it was a Squire Strat and he wanted to sell it. I asked to look at it. Black with three single coils, no chips or scratches and a rosewood board. Just like new.

He asked if I was interested in it for $30.00. I thought why not. I can always try to swirl it. After changing the strings and a few adjustments, it plays pretty well. I am going to leave in my office and practice with during lunch.
Angra1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 05:37 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,604
Reviews: 10
Re: Cheap NGD

wow, $30?!? hard to go wrong with that price! what a steal - nice score!
doriangrey is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dalton GA
Posts: 250
Re: Cheap NGD

He just called me and asked if I would be interested in the amp, cord, guitar strap and tuner that came with the guitar. He remembered these things were was in his closet in the original box. He bought one of those starter packs. I told him I would have to see everything first and if it looked ok I would give him $20.00. He agreed.

I did see how I could go wrong with the deal.
Angra1 is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 04:00 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
Re: Cheap NGD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra1 View Post
He just called me and asked if I would be interested in the amp, cord, guitar strap and tuner that came with the guitar. He remembered these things were was in his closet in the original box. He bought one of those starter packs. I told him I would have to see everything first and if it looked ok I would give him $20.00. He agreed.

I did see how I could go wrong with the deal.
I hate you I wish someone would sell me their guitar and gear for 50 bucks
MatiasTolkki is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 04:33 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: detroit
Posts: 931
Re: Cheap NGD

I've always liked squiers. I've had a few of them and they were all good. My bullet was awesome. I miss that guitar.
POS RG is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dalton GA
Posts: 250
Re: Cheap NGD

He is supposed to bring in the amp and other items tomorrow. The guitar actually seems pretty solid, but I have noticed that the high e sounds dead at the 19th fret. The 18th and 20th frets sound ok. I will look at it later. I am also going to file the fret ends at some point.
Angra1 is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 08:18 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West 'By God' Virginnie, USA
Posts: 1,454
Re: Cheap NGD

I picked up a Squire Strat in a local shop once...ONCE!
The fret ends actually scratched my palm when I rubbed my hand up and down the neck to get a feel for it.
I know that kind of thing can be fixed, but I think it still turned me off to Squire since my first experience with one was pain.
But: Happy New Guitar Day.
Meechy is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dalton GA
Posts: 250
Re: Cheap NGD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianPCTech View Post
I picked up a Squire Strat in a local shop once...ONCE!
The fret ends actually scratched my palm when I rubbed my hand up and down the neck to get a feel for it.
I know that kind of thing can be fixed, but I think it still turned me off to Squire since my first experience with one was pain.
But: Happy New Guitar Day.
Thanks, if it had not been so cheap I would have passed on it.

I am wanting a PRS acoustic, so I might put everything back in the box and at least double my money or I might use it as project guitar later. Right now I am practicing on it during my lunch break.
Angra1 is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 11:14 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 180
Re: Cheap NGD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra1 View Post
I am wanting a PRS acoustic, so I might put everything back in the box and at least double my money or I might use it as project guitar later. Right now I am practicing on it during my lunch break.
I played one of the PRS's at Mandolin Bro's in Staten Island, she was a beauty. Insane quality. But the price tag!!! (from a guy with a Santa Cruz...) Jeeezus! Nice score and good luck with the PRS, hopefully you can score one used!
Fat.Mike is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dalton GA
Posts: 250
Re: Cheap NGD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat.Mike View Post
I played one of the PRS's at Mandolin Bro's in Staten Island, she was a beauty. Insane quality. But the price tag!!! (from a guy with a Santa Cruz...) Jeeezus! Nice score and good luck with the PRS, hopefully you can score one used!
I guess I should say that I am looking at an Angelus SE, not the American made acoustic. I think I can get one for around $600.
Angra1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB: CHEAP IBANEZ USA CUSTOM GRAPHIC (AND/OR) CHEAP IBANEZ 540 PII (AND MORE) crazyibanez Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 3 01-03-2011 05:23 AM
What makes a cheap Edge cheap?? hotwax1989 Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 3 08-15-2008 04:00 AM
WTB Cheap Gig Bag RG_76 Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 3 02-26-2007 02:00 PM
POD 2.0 FS.... cheap! Jupiter Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 0 08-07-2005 03:30 AM
CHEAP JEM7VWH SPOTTED! - VERY cheap! RSVampire Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 9 07-20-2001 12:12 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome