cheapo guitars thread - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

Talking cheapo guitars thread

i've been a long time viewer of this site and man! i envy your guitars! im ashamed of posting a pic of my gsa60.. but i'm saving now for a jem7 .. that is - if i can find one here in ther philippines..

is there already a thread here for cheapo guitars? just asking..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 06:36 AM

Re: cheapo guitars thread

I think you'll probably do better by buying from e b a y or direct from Japan. You might even do better by travelling to HongKong and getting stuff from there. I got my very first RoadstarII either at Tom Lee or at Tower Music(?).

The dealer over in the Philippines, I think near the Robinson's Pioneer mall, doesn't stock up on the really expensive stuff, since you're talking almost 120,000 PHP (converted from US MSRP) per good guitar, minus any of the mark ups and stuff.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irate_gelo View Post
i've been a long time viewer of this site and man! i envy your guitars! im ashamed of posting a pic of my gsa60.. but i'm saving now for a jem7 .. that is - if i can find one here in ther philippines..

I am considering buying a Gsa60, replace pups, with steves special / chooper / chopper/ . And changing to Shaller locking tuners.To me it seems like a good guitar if you modify it a bit. And i am quite fond the AT300 but i dont like
the price or the inlays in fretboard ...
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 12:04 PM

Reviews: 2

Iown 2 GRG170DX`s and replaced the pickups....they kick ASS for lil cheapies
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 01:55 PM

My budget Ibanez is one of my favorites. This RG321MH was $249 plus $110 for a Tone Zone and Air Norton puckup combo.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 02:13 PM

Im all about the cheapies any more..

I can mod them with out fear or worries.. And to be honest some of the cheapos are better than there originals..

We did a test on a Epiphone and a Gibson Black Beauty and to be 100% honest on a guitar costing $2000 more there is no reason for paint overspray and bad binding when the cheapo had no such issues..

Im going to get flamed here but some times people here can be a little snotty with there comments on people who cant afford $$$ guitars..

I welcome this thread and will post in it consistently
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 02:50 PM

This is the ultimate in cheap guitars. Funny thing is that I sound better playing on this than I do on my Jems, lol! *sadly*

It makes me a REAL Rockstar unlike my un-cheap Jems

This was given to me by a friends grandpa who'd had it stuck away under his bed for god knows how long. It's a Bruno "Royal Artist" semi hollow 12 string 1940-50's??
To my surprise, it's in REALLY good shape too, minus missing some of the hardware. If I'm not mistaken, Brunos were pretty nice axes and this may actually be (not a cheap) guitar???? Anybody know anything about these old Brunos??

Cool....a new project I've always wanted a 12 string!

And NO Andrew, Elvira's leg is NOT available

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 02:59 PM

WOOOOOOW

A nice bit of leg always goes down well
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Dee

Wow. That 12 string is the most hideous thing I've seen in years! Congrats!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 05:18 PM

My first electric, and the guitar responsible for getting me to play again, is my 2006 Ibanez ARC100BS. $300 with a set neck, bound fretboard and a burst finish (that OTHER companies charge extra for). The control knobs sit in little scupted recesses in the carved top, and there are microtuners on the bridge. After a new set of strings stretches and settles, I never have to touch the pegs-- those little microtuners are it. The binding and finish are flawless.
Yes, it's made in China, but whoever madeit knows his stuff (or her stuff).
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 09:11 AM

Reviews: 23
Talking Re: cheapo guitars thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irate_gelo View Post
i've been a long time viewer of this site and man! i envy your guitars! im ashamed of posting a pic of my gsa60.. but i'm saving now for a jem7 .. that is - if i can find one here in the philippines..

Nakabili ka nang bagong gitara 'dre? Haha good luck )
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 09:38 AM

Reviews: 6

I recognise that leg, lol

Just before i had my js1000 i had a white js100 and tbh i preferred the js100 by a LONG way, better tone, more playable, only downsides where the weight and the trem not being so soft, hard string bends.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 09:46 AM

Reviews: 4

One of these for around €85:

Plus €130 (!!!) for a Seymour Duncan JB with nickel covers.

Last edited by Crazy_Guitar; 10-08-2009 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Typo
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 10:12 PM

I am not a fan of the cheap low end models. But, I am all about the mid line used guitars. This way i get more bang for my buck and can still mod with out worries.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 05:15 AM

This was given to me by a friends grandpa who'd had it stuck away under his bed for god knows how long. It's a Bruno "Royal Artist" semi hollow 12 string 1940-50's??
To my surprise, it's in REALLY good shape too, minus missing some of the hardware. If I'm not mistaken, Brunos were pretty nice axes and this may actually be (not a cheap) guitar???? Anybody know anything about these old Brunos??

Cool....a new project I've always wanted a 12 string!

And NO Andrew, Elvira's leg is NOT available

[/quote]

That thing is awsome....and I want one!!!!!!!

Tags
air norton , control knobs , locking tuners , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode