Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Cherry Ice PL2660

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Eddie8 
#1 ·
I have a friend who has a cherry ice pro line 2660 she bought new in the 80s. We think it's a 1986 model. She is interested in selling it and we can't find any reliable information what it's worth. Does anybody know? That color on that model seems to be rare, I've done some searching and haven't found another one like it.

#2 ·
The tremolo is a good indicator for which model it is. If it has the Ibanez Edge tremolo, it is a 1986. IMO this is the most desirable version of it. Other signs is the '85 is bolt on, while the '86 is neck through.

Price. No idea. Rarely see these for sale. Especially not in that colour. The market is potentially global these days, so if you are willing to sell to Asia and Europe you might get a better price.

#5 · (Edited)
Nice, this model in this colour is on my bucket list - gives bad gas!

The 1985 and 1986 models differ from one another in construction and hardware mostly; woods and pups are the same.

1986 version: 5 piece maple/walnut neck through, alder wings, Edge trem.

1985 version: bolt-on maple/ebony neck, alder body, Pro Rock'r trem, front routed.

Both versions have the V5 triple ceramic blade pups, splittable via push-push tone and volume pots.

In terms of price, if it's stock, I've seen them go for $800-$1000 (I think they were about 1k when they came out). Most I've seen are black or white, pink ones pop up every so often.

Here's a thread by someone who got a white one some years ago. He paid about 1k, and his still has the plastic film on the rear covers, plus original case candy: http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/ngd-proline-pl2660-1-of-132-per-jim-d-123628.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.