Chibanez 7v Vai Review - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Chibanez 7v Vai Review

Well,this is the 7V that rocked up from China.

It cost me $230 ausd,and was delivered to my door in 1 week.

First impressions were good.

The neck has absolutely SUPERB detailing.The inlays are correctly placed and are quite impressive.No gaps or glue.Love it.

Rosewood quality a bit ordinary.Good grain fill,but most certainly not to a great standard.Will stain and see if i can get it a bit darker.Acceptable.

This sucker is like an ironing board.Flat as.Straight as.Good.Not bends,buckles or anything.Perfect.

Back of neck is very impressive.Clean 'stringer' lines and nice choice of wood.Very clean.Impressive.

Frets are clean.Well placed and angled correctly.I noticed at the bottom of the neck where the scalloping is,there seems to be some tool markings,will polish out,but generally overall looks good.No leveling here but accurate enough.Acceptable.

The tuners are marked GOTOH,but i seriously doubt it.Flimsy would be the word i would use.Piss-poor secondly!Needs to be replaced.Full stop.Crap.

The front of the headstock is very well finished.Ibanez Jem decal.The back is all Teamcraft Japan.With Serial Number.Made in Japan.No.Paint finish in particular the lacquer is spot on.Very classy !

The nut is not to bad.Does its job.Just.Two screws on the back,with two small screws and 3 locating screws on the front.Yes,it locks in place.Okay.Replacement advised.

Tremolo.Well,its history.It does look quite classy in gold,but seems very poorly made and most certainly poorly assembled.It does not intonate,and knocks the strings out of tune.It seems to be made of a low grade press steel,at best.Replacing.

Pickups.What a surprise.Very quiet.Not exactly High Output,but more than capable of producing a nice clean sound.In all positions.No crackling,no feedback.Hot as hell when driven.

The pups are actually marked "DiMarzio" ( poorly ) and have allen screw adjustable magnets on the top.These pups are great.No need to replace,but a definite candidate for some better ones down the line.Inevitable Replacement.

I would just like to say how impressive the Pups are.INFS series quality or better.Really nice.I know it adds insult to injury being such a low $$$ guitar,but i really like these.Each to there own.Take it or leave it.

Body.As close to the real thing.Obviously Basswood.But it does seem quite heavy.Paintwork great,but i will Machine Polish soon.As far as the excat dimensions goes,close enough.Excellent pickguard fit around the Trem.Cool.

Nice Pearloid guard.Couldnt be to difficult for these guys to get that right,considering they make a Billion of them an hour.Satisfactory.

General Plastic Parts great.No troubles here.

Overall,with a some new Tuners/Nut/Tremolo this will be a GREAT guitar.

Beginner/Intermediate PERFECT.Entry level and then some.For the $$$ can not fault it.After Trem/Tuners/Nut replacement great.Even better for some 'real' DiMarzios.

The neck and body are absolutely FLAWLESS.

The action on the neck matches ANYTHING NEW sub $750 out here.Its just a well built neck.Full stop.

Well,they have really stepped up from the reviews from 5 years ago...big time.

I feel that these are 'main-stay',take it leave 'em.

The quality is really good.JEM Replica all the way.

Most certainly a keeper.

Thanks.

Last edited by ozjem; 11-24-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 11:27 PM

Re: Chibanez 7v Vai Review

Should be an interesting thread
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 11:41 PM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnote View Post
Should be an interesting thread
I concur.... *grabs popcorn*
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 11:50 PM

Somone check his ip and make sure it isn't from China. "Full Stop?", are you sending this by telegraph? Do you see the six foot tall Rabbit too?

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 11:58 PM

Reviews: 2

I'm suprised he didn't tell us how good the two dollar steak he had for dinner tasted.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 12:01 AM

...yawn
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode